Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Allen Lind Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:36 pm
Whenever I try to scan a plugin folder, MPC crashes immediately. If I try with no folder selections its doesnt crash but just doesn't do anything (as expected). However, as soon as I specify ANY legit plugin folder, it crashes immediately. I looked in event viewer and only saw application error from MPC but nothing to provide me any useful info. I'm very frustrated. Usually I've been able to solve these things eventually on my own but so far no luck. What would we need to do to try to solve this?

MPC Touch
Win 8.1
RME UFX
By MPC-Tutor Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 pm
Sounds like there is a plugin causing problems. If there's no indication as to which one is problematic you'll need to backup your plugins folder(s), remove all plugins and then add each plugin back one at a time, rescanning in the MPC each time you add one until it crashes again. Then you'll know the culprit.
By Allen Lind Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:41 pm
No Luck! Can anyone read the event viewer? It crashes immediately upon hitting scan or rescan whether there are files or the folder is empty. Im trying a few other things like removing anything recently installed on computer after the MPC was but any other ideas are welcome. Is there any kind of log that MPC creates? Any way of turning on logging to see specifically operation is being attempted?
By Allen Lind Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:20 pm
Ive removed many things including all akai stuff and reinstalled, i removed other things such as focusrite and other plugins that were installed after the MPC software. I've also checked ilok. It just crashes as soon as the scan begins. It must be something missing in windows or something wrong with the folder but without any trace or understanding how to interpret the event viewer to see what the code is actually doing, I have no idea how to figure out what the issue is
By Allen Lind Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:22 pm
More info.. Im trying to sift through event log and it shows errors when trying to deal with some waves plugs. Not sure why because I am NOT specifiying those folders. Other than preferences, is there somewhere else folder / file pathnames are found , entered or stored? Not sure this is the issue but the event logs errors always shoiw the same things and it happens immediately upon hitting scan in the plugin screen under preferences

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications\GTRSolo 3.5.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Applications\WavesQtLibs_4.7.3_Win32_Release\WavesQtLibs_4.7.3_Win32_Release.MANIFEST" on line 8. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is WavesQtLibs_4.7.3_Win32_Release,processorArchitecture="AMD64",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Definition is WavesQtLibs_4.7.3_Win32_Release,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
By Allen Lind Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:04 pm
I searched and found something (in this forum somewhere) where a user was instructed to go into control panel -> display and reset the scaling. I did that, set to small, and it worked!!! Now... why would this matter?? Thanks!
By SILIS101 Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:07 pm
Good job bro.
Thanks for the follow up too. Not too many people close a thread this way.
You have amazing Internet ethics.
By kaydigi Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:18 pm
Allen Lind wrote:I searched and found something (in this forum somewhere) where a user was instructed to go into control panel -> display and reset the scaling. I did that, set to small, and it worked!!! Now... why would this matter?? Thanks!

It's because the text is higher than 100%. After you scan the plugins you can put the scaling back at 125 if you are on a tablet.