Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Campeon Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:42 pm
Hey,

So, I am completely new to MPC software. I have a new Touch and I am trying to configure it with my Mac Air OSX 10.12.1 but I am having issues.

I have downloaded the installer and have completed the first four steps. But, I am continuously getting stuck on the Configure Screen step with the "Need More Juice" message.

Depending on whether I turn the power on before or after I start the configuration step the software will also just hang on the "Looking for MPC Hardware" screen, even though it is connected and showing my desktop on the Touch. I have tried many times.

I have turned off the mirroring function on the Mac and restarted at all previous steps when necessary.

Any help will be really appreciated. This is easily the most complicated set up for a controller I have ever seen!

Thanks!
By Ocular Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:51 pm
Campeon wrote:...I am trying to configure it with my Mac Air OSX 10.12.1 but I am having issues.

You're using MacOS Sierra. MPC Software doesn't support Sierra yet.

Here is a thread I found http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=179395/

One person figured out it was their video drivers to be the cause of the "juice" error (wtf Akai :WTF: ). But that was on Windows 10. Another person figured out it was a scaling issue.

I just posted to link that thread. I have no idea how to fix this problem. The latest version of Sierra is out, 10.12.2, and the 10.12.3 beta is available also. I suppose you could try updating (can we roll back to previous MacOS? I have no idea :oops: ). But again, Sierra is not officially supported. Here's to hoping you get this sorted out.
By Campeon Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:14 am
Ocular wrote:
Campeon wrote:...I am trying to configure it with my Mac Air OSX 10.12.1 but I am having issues.

You're using MacOS Sierra. MPC Software doesn't support Sierra yet.

Here is a thread I found http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=179395/

One person figured out it was their video drivers to be the cause of the "juice" error (wtf Akai :WTF: ). But that was on Windows 10. Another person figured out it was a scaling issue.

I just posted to link that thread. I have no idea how to fix this problem. The latest version of Sierra is out, 10.12.2, and the 10.12.3 beta is available also. I suppose you could try updating (can we roll back to previous MacOS? I have no idea :oops: ). But again, Sierra is not officially supported. Here's to hoping you get this sorted out.

This so extremely disappointing. Not a very good intro to Akai. I will write to support and hopefully they have an answer.

Is anyone successfully using the Touch with a Mac on Sierra?!