Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By cignovella Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 pm
Can I simply put a filter on just one layer of a pad in program edit? When I use the filter envelope tab, it affects all the layers of a pad at once. I'm trying to layer kicks and I need to filter them differently
By MPC-Tutor Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:35 pm
No you can't - filters, LFO, envelopes and effects are applied to the entire pad, you cannot apply them to individual layers. The workaround is to layer using 'SIMULTANEOUS PLAY', so set up the first sound on pad A1, second sound on pad A2 and layer them together by setting simultaneous play on A1 to also play A2. You can now apply unique filters and effects etc to each 'layer' (i.e. each pad).

Here's a free tutorial from my MPC Software book that covers the different methods for laying in the MPC Software (Ren/Studio are shown in the examples)

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-renaissanc ... -layering/

BTW considering the Live/X haven't been released yet, I'm assuming you are using the Touch/Ren/Studio, so I'll move this to the more appropriate forum.
By Wormhelmet Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:21 am
Is it a dynamic filter effect? Meaning the filter changes over the length of the sample or over the length of a sequence? If it isn't, why not just resample with filter effect?
By acura Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:04 pm
As far as I know you could automate the filter over the length of the sequence. Apart from automation, using simultaneous play and filtering each layer as MPC Tutor suggested has the advantage that you can tweak the filter while producing ;)