Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By producer0187 Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:02 pm
producer0187 wrote:So, after banging my head against the wall, de-registering the software with Akai so that I can sell the Ren on Ebay, but never getting around to doing so....I may have found a solution to this problem. It's worked for me for four days now with no issues (noise, static, etc.) for hours at a time.

I went to Wally World and purchased a 2.0 USB port (cheapest they had went for $11), came home, plugged and played...NO ISSUES NOTED TO DATE! Can't be that simple...right?

I never wanted to get rid of the Ren and now it doesn't look like I have to. Give it a shot if you haven't already and report back with what you find.

Oh btw, I'm running the MPC software on an iMac, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB of memory. I haven't tried it on my Windows 10 laptop yet but I'm almost willing to say it'll work there as well.

P0187

Just wanted to post a pic of what I picked up from Wal-Mart. Still rolling...NO issues. $11 bucks...plug and play.

By Marcelo Checoni Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:40 am
Hello, I am back to tell you that I finally solved the latency problem. I installed the USB 2.0 PCI Express card to create an exclusive USB bus/hub to hook the MPC Ren and it is working now. It is difficult to understand if the problem was caused by the incompatibility with the hybrid USB 3.0/2.0 bus from my PC's motherboard or the bandwidth of the bus itself, that was shared with other USB devices. The fact is that this product solved the problem: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R ... UTF8&psc=1

I bought this model because I needed a low profile board for my SFF Lenovo PC but I am sure that any other USB 2.0 board will do the trick. Thank you for your help.
By JEFFMAN90 Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:52 pm
I'm also having the same issue with the Ren. My desktop has both usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports. I always plugged in my Ren onto the usb 2.0 ports. Also I tried disabling the usb 3.0 from bios but that also didn't work. Akai needs to fix this shit.
By odeed Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm
Figured I'd bump this, as I am having this same issue right now. I tired using the USB external port and that did not work. I just ordered a pic 2.0 card to put into my computer. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

I also talked to tech support at Akai and they said as of now Akai has no plans on the table to fix this issue. They just said, "the Renaissance isn't compatible with 3.0"."

The tech guy on the phone did say he'd start a ticket for it, and that he let Akai know. But if they already know about it, and have not done anything, idk why my case ticket would help.
By odeed Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:17 am
Ok the internal PCI card did the trick. As it is completely separate from the 3.0 ports I have. Just thought I'd let anyone know who stumbles upon this thread.
By KazzuaL Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:15 pm
I have been having issues with static and latency issues with my den. MacBook Pro i7 2015. After doing my research I narrowed it down to the usb 3.0 jacks on the Mac. I tried several hubs and cables. Adjusted every setting within the MPC and MacBook and nothing. I finally broke down and purchased the Kanex Thunderbolt to 3.0 sata adapter and although I’m only on day of using it problem solved. I was going to buy an X if this didn’t work. It’s going strong