Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Wul Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 am
Given the very few videos on the u tube , of the version 2 software with the renaisance or studio. Would I be right in assuming not many have taken them up on the extortionate upgrade route, for what appears to be the usual, change the colour of the ui, move things around and add one or two things that should have been there from the beginning of beta version that is 1.0 to 1.9.6 . Akai - you got it so very wrong.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 pm
From the hardware UI perspective it's fairly underwhelming, the main issue is that there's still a lot of functions that require the computer, they've made no inroads whatsoever on this front. So still no naming from the hardware, no audio track editing (can't even assign existing audio to a blank track from the hardware UI), no expansion browser, and plenty more infuriating omissions such as no ability to load an entire folder from the browser. It seems they have actually made no effort whatsoever to improve the hardware UI from what it was like in 1.9 and have just done the bare minimum so you can just about muddle through in 2.x.

If you are happy using the MPC Software computer GUI for many tasks then it's a good upgrade. Just don't buy it expecting the hardware UI experience to be any better than before.
By sbtst6 Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:18 am
I can Agree with Tutor.. There is a lot of features offered that are still not in sync with hardware and software.. It really can be a work flow kill! There are still some classic legacy MPC things are still missing, for whatever reason. I Often find my self trying to execute a function from the hardware, only to find out i can’t.. and vice versa with the software…

Example: Was trying to edit the midi note numbers on the pads to use a plugin more effectively, only to find out i can’t do that like i did on the MPC 2000xl. That seem to be something they felt not needed anymore.

Another Example: You can’t access the New Pitch Quantize function from the MPC studio/Ren.. You have to go to the software to access, unless you are using the Touch Screen MPC, then you will have access from the hardware.

Speaking of the Touch Screens.. One function that i kind of would like to see is an option for the Touch Screen Selection to Follow the Qlinks automatically On the Touch & Live..
So if you touch/select the filter cutoff on the touch screen to edit, the qlink knobs automatically go to that set of 4 qlinks, instead of having to constantly touch the QLink button for scrolling.. So annoying and real confusing! Would be a huge workflow improvement!

But, Ive been using the Software/Hardware like a legacy MPC, (Minus bells and whistles functions), and to that, I’m happy!!! Once i start diving into the extras, it gets frustrating..

Still, It could use a lot of improvements with the software & hardware integration!
By Bezo Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:02 pm
Yes, but my concerns seem unique around here. The lack of multi-output plugin support is killing MPC 2.1 & my Touch. Seems silly in retrospect to not have known this prior, but I still don't see this info in any obvious places.

MPC is going from my main creative software to a plugin I use occasionally. I enjoyed the workflow tremendously, but getting things ready to mix is too much trouble. Now I have to decide to sell or keep an expensive controller.
By texasrida1 Sun May 20, 2018 10:28 am
I stayed with 1.9. After reading all of the complaints and inconsistencies, I just stayed. Maybe when it reaches 3.0 or something Ill look at it again. Right now 1.9 is stable and does everything I need it to do. If it ain't broke...……..you know the rest.
By pk1 Wed May 30, 2018 2:23 am
IM on the Ren. Got 2.0 at the first of this year. I waited awhile to see that it ran fine.
I love it. The new options are great for me.

Its a spoiled mentality now days from you youngsters. Think everything has to be your way and perfect.

The damn Maschine that made all this possible didn't have shit! Im sure people commented to their peers that 60 or a 3000 needed many other options. And you know the rest of that story.

Build your own instrument or work with the options you have presented.
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 am
monkiusz wrote:Btw - can I have installed 1.X and 2.X on the same Mac? Probably not because the serial number...

Yes it is possible, I have 1.9 and 2.2. I just installed 2.x then copied a backup of 1.9 into my applications folder. (Rename it MPC 1.9).

Might also need to copy the old fx folder back to library >application support >akai > MPC > fx
By monkiusz Wed May 30, 2018 10:39 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
monkiusz wrote:Btw - can I have installed 1.X and 2.X on the same Mac? Probably not because the serial number...

Yes it is possible, I have 1.9 and 2.2. I just installed 2.x then copied a backup of 1.9 into my applications folder. (Rename it MPC 1.9).

Perfect, thank you!