Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By pgillis Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:54 am
Hello,
I am a new user and currently on 10.13.6 . .I have read/watched different resources and went with the DisplayLink 4.3.5 beta . .this got my display from blank to acting like a monitor but I cannot get the MPC software on the Touch's display . .just my desktop. So herein lies the question . .
Unless somone knows some magic I am not doing, I am planning to downgrade the OSX but want to know the best OSX version to go to would be to use the Akai installer and have the thing work as it it should? I am a newbie and havent been able to get it working at all beyond this display setting. I use the laptop with Reason 10 and wanted to get into the Touch/MPC software after seeing some videos. I was thinking of Siera as it is a mid 2012 13" but don't know about the Touch and AKAI software on this version. Any help from stable Mac users pleeeeeeeeease?!?
phil
By henrik Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:35 am
Hello mate! Luckily the latest beta drivers from DL are fully compatible with the latest BETA of Mojave.

I have installed it yesterday and everything works fine... NOW. I understand if you don't want to install BETA version of Mac OS on your primary mac, so perhaps if you have a secondary computer, give it a go, or if you don't then... you need to wait for about a couple of weeks and the official release will be out.

I have a lot of backups done, so I went barbaric and installed Mojave on my primary machine and it's all good so far, very stable.. (as it sort of should be, as it's meant to be released officially very soon)

But this brings another problem and that is whether actually all of your other software is compatible with the new Mac OS, so if you have any important projects going on or you really need to be able to rely on all of what you have to work 100% and can live without the Touch for a while, I would leave it for now.

It looks like DL drivers are going to work fully with the new release so just check your other software.

Hope this helps.