Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Str8jakket Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:05 pm
I just purchased an AKAI MPC TOUCH as i had stated in the aforementioned post of which i posted yesterday. From a local pawn shop.... as it turns out, the power adapter with it was a 12 volt output adapter of which i assume does NOT come with it originally.... however, i now have a 6 volt 400ma adapter to plug into the equipment itself. yet and still the screen is blank when plugged into the outlet and the pc usb 2.0 as well. either standalone or for use with the mpc 1.9.6 software will NOT display anything.... the screen however WILL flash a bright white lit screen when i plug in a 19 volt adapter for my pc (i know not a good idea.) yet that tells me the screen isnt cracked or busted so in conclusion, i hope there is a fuse within my akai mpc touch that i can replace? or does anyone have any better ideas? because I CANNOT GET THE SCREEN TO DISPLAY ANYTHING I also ran the configure display option from within the mpc 1.9.6 software installation prompts.....
By Bezo Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:17 pm
Known issue. If you're on a Mac using OS 10.13.X, that is the cause. The Link Display they use is not compatible beyond 10.12.X. I believe there's a fix for Mojave whenever that goes live. Until then, try going back to OS 10.12.