Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Jorge Bruno Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:51 pm
I just bought an MPC Touch and I can't set it up properly.

I installed all the drivers required by the MPC Install utility. But when I try to setup the MPC Touch for audio Output (didn't even try input yet), the audio is awfull, constantly crackling, even with very high audio buffer size through ASIO.

I have a very old X-Station using Windows Audio, and I can get perfect sound using a 4.4 ms buffer. But with the MPC Touch, even using ASIO and ith 16ms buffer, it is just broken.

I already went to the big trouble of re-installing Windows 10 and the problem remains exactly the same.

Is the MPC Touch really this bad when it comes to audio latency, or is this some bug?
By quietizkept Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:44 am
Not sure about the range of the Touch, but 16ms is NOT very high at all for an ASIO audio interface. A different interface in my case, but I run it at 20ms normally, and at 50ms on some projects. At 50ms there is a noticeable latency on the pads, but at 20ms it's fairly tight.