Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By quietizkept Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:32 am
Is the hardware emulation in the software 16 bit like the machines? Or even less on SP Ring? I'm talking about both the settings in the menu & the insert fx in case they are different.

:worthy:
By mr_debauch Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 am
I don't think they are 12 or 16 bit ... those bits only meant something back in the day because of the way data was stored or dealt with by the computers in those machines... the live, X, or your modern computer running the software...... they are not emulating anything. They made an effect pluggin that they tried to mimic the sound that those old limitations caused but not my actually by lowering a 16 bit wave file down to a 12 bit wave file... the sample rate maybe would be the real thing to change and who knows if they even did that. I suspect they made a static EQ curve with some frequencies bumped and some reduced or even shelved right off. But that is just me assuming.. i don't actually know.