Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:33 pm
Driver issue? USB 3.0 issue? What OS on the Mac? What does Akai website say about compatible drivers, usb devices/versions and operating systems?
By dustindef Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:28 pm
I am running Mojave 10.14.2 and I found a driver update on akai's site. The MPC software can see the MPC for input but not for output. I have reinstalled the software and drivers several times. This is a huge piss off.. according to akai that driver should have worked
By Lampdog Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 pm
http://www.akaipro.com/products/mpc-ser ... #downloads

MPC Renaissance Windows 7, 8.1, 10 Driver (32 & 64-Bit) (v2.9.64)
MPC Renaissance macOS 10.12 Driver (v3.3.11)
MPC Renaissance Mac OS X 10.11 Driver (v3.3.2)
MPC Renaissance Mac OS X 10.9 - 10.10 Driver (v3.2.0)
MPC Renaissance Windows Firmware Update v1.10
MPC Renaissance Mac OSX Firmware Update v1.10

There is no driver in this list that shows support for 10.14 (Mojave).

Does anyone else here in the forums have REN working with Mojave, how?
Maybe if they see this thread they can answer up and show how.
By acura Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:09 am
Strange. It is known that newer Macbook Pros have issues with recognizing the Ren. I believe it was mainly MbPs from '14 and '15. But in those cases the Ren isn't recognized at all as an audio interface as far as I know.

Do you know if you can record through the input?

I would write your problem directly to Akai.
By dustindef Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:57 am
Wow!!! It was the simplest mistake on my behalf. I'm posting the issue just in case other dumbasses like myself make the same mistake. So Akai's driver update comes with a "Driver Uninstaller". You have to run this little program, restart and install the driver update, restart and Coblammo!!!!! Back to MPC Renaissance heaven... my bad! :WTF:
By RodMix Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:17 am
dustindef wrote:I am running Mojave 10.14.2 and I found a driver update on akai's site. The MPC software can see the MPC for input but not for output. I have reinstalled the software and drivers several times. This is a huge piss off.. according to akai that driver should have worked

I'm facing the same issues... Disappointed