Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By iamDo$e Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:53 pm
I am having major issues with my preferences.

Currently running:
a.) Mac SW: Mojave 10.14.2
b.) MPC SW: 2.3.0

I can barely work in 4bar increments without having to readjust my preferences to avoid…
*crackle
*alien sound-feedback
*pops

I am unable to modify the “Latency Adjustment”

I alter between 44100Hz thru 96000Hz; trying all “Audio Buffer sizes” to get back to work without the feedback - which always catches up to me like Jason Voorhies walking me down while I sprint like Carl Lewis. :Sigh:

Nevertheless…any expertise/assistance from the board is helpful and appreciated.

Thanks, in-advance!
By JrTMoney2 Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:14 pm
I've had this pop up too. I'm running the Ren on an iMac with Mojave.

- Are you using a USB 3.0 hub? Don't. Plug it straight into the computer.
- Try switching the USB port.
- Change the audio buffer size to it's maximum to see if that helps. This helped my sound.
- Try making the Ren the sound card, and plug headphones into that to see if it helps at all. Or if that's the original set up, try switching to a different sound card (internal) to see if there's a difference.

I had the skips, pops, and crackles, but the feedback sounds like maybe you have the internal mic for your computer set as the input, and it's picking up the playback and pushing it back through and creating the feedback.

Just throwing ideas out - hope it helps.