Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By viprit Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:00 am
I am in the market for a multi-track sequencer and drum machine to be the "brain" of my setup. After a lot of reading, watching videos, and comparing various devices it would appear that the MPC Touch is the most ideal option. I've never used an MPC before but I really like the workflow I saw from watching a few tutorials. I also appreciate how quickly the Touch lets you get ideas out of your head, which would be invaluable for track building. It's also a very minimal package which I like for the amount of space I have.

As stated, the primary use of the Touch for me would be as a MIDI sequencer for my synths, and as a drum machine since I don't have a good one yet. I'll use that to start building all of my tracks/patterns/phrases on the MPC, eventually recording them in Cubase for full development. I'll try some sampling too, never really messed with that before, but watching MPC demos gave me lots of ideas...