Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Pat Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:52 am
Hi,
I am using MPC Ren. on MAC OS with Software Version 1.9 as I am not a fan of the 2.0 version (so far).
MPC Ren controller has a Stereo Out and an Assignable Out. In the mixer mode you can assign the Programm (also the Pads) to 1/2 OUT and to 3/4 Out. So you you have to separate 2 Stereo out Channels going out to the analogue Mixer. When you go deeper into the Mixer Mode Section on the right hand side of the screen you can assign the output to much more channels than just 1/2 and 3/4. Now comes the stupid question? How is it possible to use the other channels 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 and so on and to assign them. Do you need an external Channel splitter or something like that. For a mixdown on an analogue Mixer ( I have 24 Channels) it would be great to be able to assign more channels and to route them to more ouputs. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
By quietizkept Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:02 pm
I feel you, the extra outputs confused me at first. It's simply not possible to assign them to hardware with the Ren alone. You'd have to have an audio interface with that many outputs, and bypass the Ren's audio interface entirely.
By Pat Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:46 am
quietizkept wrote:I feel you, the extra outputs confused me at first. It's simply not possible to assign them to hardware with the Ren alone. You'd have to have an audio interface with that many outputs, and bypass the Ren's audio interface entirely.

Thanks very much for your reply. I expected something like that. There is no way round an external / bypass solution with an interface. If you are 100% familar with the installation of the interface and bypassing the ren outpout there is probably a chance to get this problem solved. I will think about it. Thanks again.
By quietizkept Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:04 pm
No problem I'm here to help. This place got me going back in the day & is probably the most comprehensive MPC resource out there. All you do to set up another interface is follow the manufacturer's instructions for your particular interface, and select it + your ins and outs in the audio setup page of the MPC software preferences. I had pretty good luck doing so with the ancient M-Audio Delta 1010 until its rack unit got too crackly. In fact, once I selected the 1010, all the routing in preferences was already set up.
By Pat Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:02 am
quietizkept wrote:No problem I'm here to help. This place got me going back in the day & is probably the most comprehensive MPC resource out there. All you do to set up another interface is follow the manufacturer's instructions for your particular interface, and select it + your ins and outs in the audio setup page of the MPC software preferences. I had pretty good luck doing so with the ancient M-Audio Delta 1010 until its rack unit got too crackly. In fact, once I selected the 1010, all the routing in preferences was already set up.

Sounds like a good plan. I will try my luck with this one:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_umc1820.htm
Looks like good value for money. So I will have 2 main and 8 additional outputs.
I don't know if you can count in the mains - but at least that makes you 4 Stereo outpouts where you can route the mpc ren to. that's now 4 instead of 2 with is a good improvement. I am working on an Mac OS - so you do not need any driver software downloads for this interface - which saves you some trouble right from the beginning. With a little bit of luck - as you mentioned - the akia will recognize the audio interface right away - and will show me the addional outputs - in the output section of the preferencs. If you are interested I 'll keep you updated. Best wishes Pat
By Pat Tue May 14, 2019 2:52 pm
Problem fixed. It exactly worked as you quoted in your email.
You just have to connect the audio interface with the USB slot of the MPC.
When you go into the preferencesof the DAW you have to assign the outputs to the audio interface.
That makes 4 Stereo outputs which are paired as 3/4 - 5/6 -7/8 - 9/10.
SO thanks again for your information that was very helpful indeed.