Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By quietizkept Thu May 02, 2019 1:24 am
Plugins that you have: Installed? Or ready to install?
Do you need to know how to install vst plugins? The manufacturer of each will provide instructions, but I'll try and help you if you still need help.
If you're talking instead about drag-and-dropping plugins that you already have installed, be aware that some plugins will stop working after doing so. It's a good idea to leave them installed to your VstPlugins folder. Then, point the MPC software to that folder, and run a scan. The ones that scan successfully will show up in the MPC Software then. Where you put that folder initially is your choice. Mine are in C:\Program Files\VstPlugins. A good tip for the scan: do so from a fresh Windows restart. It makes a huge difference for me, on three different systems, as to how many plugins scan successfully.
Also, are you aware that from 2.0 on, MPC Software runs 64 bit plugins only? 1.9.6.1 can run either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of the software, but each will only run matching plugins (32-bit/32-bit, 64-bit/64-bit). I think we all had to bite the bullet and switch to 64 bit, basically. A program called jbridge used to make it work but stopped several MPC versions ago.