Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JR Swiftz Thu May 02, 2019 6:37 pm
So I’m mixing in the slimline MPc...I’m using Fab Filter EQ...but the input is hot...well almost..if i boost a frequency then I’ll start to clip...now mind you, i turn down the pad volume but the volume on the Fab filter is not following the volume on the pad mixer. Ex. If i turn the volume of the kick -5 DB on pad mixer...when i load Fab Filter...the volume wont be a -5 DB..it still be at almost zero. Please help !! Do i need a trim plugin ??
By 83dude Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:45 pm
JR Swiftz wrote:So I’m mixing in the slimline MPc...I’m using Fab Filter EQ...but the input is hot...well almost..if i boost a frequency then I’ll start to clip...now mind you, i turn down the pad volume but the volume on the Fab filter is not following the volume on the pad mixer. Ex. If i turn the volume of the kick -5 DB on pad mixer...when i load Fab Filter...the volume wont be a -5 DB..it still be at almost zero. Please help !! Do i need a trim plugin ??

Have you tried lowering the volume of the sample itself? Reduce the sample level on the pad via PROG EDIT. Hope that helps.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:49 pm
These days there are mutliple vols/gains/velocities associated with even just one sample. Remember to check them all and adjust accordingly.

More than just a “mixer” we gotta watch out for.