Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By ZacharyWayne Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:38 am
To the point. Plug in my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and my MPC Touch. Go to preferences to choose an audio input in the MPC software (which is up to date) and no matter what I choose, it says “Audio device not working, audio will not be processed”. I have deleted and reinstalled the audio drivers and nothing works. USB cables are fine. Everything works great if I attempt it in garage band, just not the MPC software. Even I choose built in microphone on my Mac as an input to the MPC software it gives me that message. Help!
By Monotremata Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:18 pm
Weird but you said Garageband is working ok?? I know there's an issue with the installers after 2.3 and MacOS and the security settings. With High Sierra, you have to start allowing software to access the audio inputs. When you run an app for the first time it will ask you for permission to use the microphone and you have to tell it yes or it cant use the inputs at all. I started right at 2.5 so I didnt notice it until the day I actually wanted to sample something with it. I found the answer here, but I had to uninstall 2.5, install 2.3, run it once so I could allow it access, then upgrade back to 2.5 and now it works. For whatever reason (theyre on a roll with this shit) Akai forgot to do this with the installers for 2.4 and 2.5 and the support folks act like they have no clue why its doing this when people ask about it on their own forum.

I never got any message about it not working though, it just doesn't respond at all when it does that. If Garageband is working, then that means at one point you allowed Garageband to access the inputs with it. You may just need to reinstall MPC 2.3 and upgrade from there. Akai unfortunately just updated their website last week so all of us who's download links used to say MPC 2.3 are now updated so we can only download 2.5. The Akai support folks have emailed people copies of 2.3 to fix it but if you need it I can upload it somewhere. Im not sure if thats allowed here or not, but its not like the Mac version is cracked so it won't do anyone any good without an iLok license hehe.
By ZacharyWayne Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:38 pm
That makes sense that I need to allow permission. I don’t remember doing that step. Will try and return with an outcome. Yeah everywhere I’ve searched every “expert” says it has to be cable interruption or a bandwidth issue among the various USB inputs but my Mac Pro has never had an issue like that.
By Monotremata Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:01 pm
Yeah I was ready to start screaming when I couldn't sample with it here. They know about it, and 2.6 is coming here in a couple weeks so hopefully thats one of the things they've fixed with it. Thats just something that needs to be set in the installer, its not even the MPC app they have to worry about hah.

If you need 2.3 lemme know in the meantime. It SHOULD sort you out right away.
By glperez222 Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:12 am
I did a google search because I’m having the same issues and this was the best information I could find. I’m running software version 2.8 on Mac and the sampler is not working. Anyway one of you guys can provide me with version 2.3? I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
By glperez222 Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:43 am
Monotremata wrote:Yeah I was ready to start screaming when I couldn't sample with it here. They know about it, and 2.6 is coming here in a couple weeks so hopefully thats one of the things they've fixed with it. Thats just something that needs to be set in the installer, its not even the MPC app they have to worry about hah.

If you need 2.3 lemme know in the meantime. It SHOULD sort you out right away.

I’m having the same issues. I tried contacting Akai Pro but have not heard from them after doing research online I came across this thread and is the best information I could find. I’m running MPC software version 2.8 on a Mac. I would like to know if you could please provide me with version 2.3 if you still have it? Thanks in advance
By Hilly456 Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:22 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Come on man, a few more details on your system - computer OS and version, which specific version of the MPC Software etc.

I am using windows with the latest versions of mpc software as well as Microsoft software. I’m wondering if my mpc touch has a hardware problem at this point.
By Hilly456 Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:43 pm
Hilly456 wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Come on man, a few more details on your system - computer OS and version, which specific version of the MPC Software etc.

I am using windows with the latest versions of mpc software as well as Microsoft software. I’m wondering if my mpc touch has a hardware problem at this point.

Also. Could it be a simple settings issue in the audio setup on the computer I am using??