Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Monotremata Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:25 pm
You have to do it in the MPC Software. Up at the top where all the little Mode icons are, on the drop down menu at the end there's an option for Controller Mode. Thats where you set all that stuff up. Check out the crazy default MPC layout while you're in there (its neat watching chopped drum loops jump all over the virtual keyboard when it plays hehe).
By achancesw Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:54 pm
Monotremata wrote:You have to do it in the MPC Software. Up at the top where all the little Mode icons are, on the drop down menu at the end there's an option for Controller Mode. Thats where you set all that stuff up. Check out the crazy default MPC layout while you're in there (its neat watching chopped drum loops jump all over the virtual keyboard when it plays hehe).

Well, I finally got it to work, but it doesnt play everything? Some of the instruments sound off or distorted
By Monotremata Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:44 pm
No clue there, I honestly haven't used the Studio outside of the MPC itself. I opened up the MPC in Logic for the first time the other day to see how well it would sync as a plugin, and it was doing all kinds of weird shit just from me waving my hands over the Q-Link knobs (it was triggering my Blofeld over MIDI). Didnt know the sensors for the knobs even send MIDI messages hah. Id be afraid to touch anything other than the pads but those should just act like a generic midi keyboard in controller mode? I have an MPD226 too and its just a dummy chromatic keyboard that happens to have banks of pads instead of keys according to Logic. The new Logic is already doing weird stuff anyways, hopefully you didnt find something new if you're running the latest one.