Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Freshkutave Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:28 am
I recently bought a mpc touch off of reverb . I’m using a Mac system. While i was in the mix of downloading the software I’d jumped to the 2.0 software that you have to pay for . Well the program is installed in my Mac . Currently the display screen doesn’t work due to the updated driver from the 2.0 software. And the pads work but the mpc software is not allowing to make beats or hear any of the kits that Are used . How do i go about uninstalling everything and starting back fresh from a Mac system?
By Monotremata Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:41 pm
Eww drivers can be a **** on MacOS and Unix in general heh. Id almost suggest searching Akai's site (if its working today) and see if they have some sort of uninstall procedure. Alot of times it requires removing a .kext file from /System/Extensions and then you have to rebuild the cache and all that fun stuff.. Does the installer for it have one of those little drop down menus where you can like select a 'Custom' or 'Standard' install like alot of stuff does?? It may have an uninstaller in it as well.

I would've loved a Touch to go with the software, some of them are as cheap as what I paid for my Studio, but man Ive read some horror stories about them. I don't think you had to pay for 2.0 though. The Touch came out around the time it was released (like the black Studio) so everybody got it free (you should have an iLok code for it in your account). Thats why I made sure I bought the black studio and didnt cheap out and get the older silver one. No way was I getting stuck with MPC 1.9 haha.