Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DEZn00ts Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:28 am
SO I am trying to sample from YouTube or where ever else I want to sample straight from the computer. I am not using any audio cables to connect MPC to PC. Only USB and MPC Touch/PC. I have Audio running THROUGH the MPC, I can hear whatever is running though my PC out of the headphone jack but the Sampler in the MPC will NOT get audio... I have NO clue why. I can hear it, but the sampler act's as if there is no audio. Also the little green bars that are supposed to move when audio comes in are moving ever so slightly. I tried turning up record volume and everything.
By DEZn00ts Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Still trying to figure this out today. I tried uninstalling MPC 2.6 and installing 1.9 but it still didn't work, same symptoms. I've tried windows, direct and ASIO. None work. I'm on PC. I know that the Input only works on my microphone (pc mic).
By quietizkept Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:30 pm
It doesn't work that way. You either need a program like VB Cable to capture the audio & send it to the MPC software, or, a second audio interface. In the latter case, the second interface would be set as default & the MPC Software would be set to use the Touch's interface. Then you'd need to run audio cables from the second interface to the Touch's input.
By DEZn00ts Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:07 pm
quietizkept wrote:It doesn't work that way. You either need a program like VB Cable to capture the audio & send it to the MPC software, or, a second audio interface. In the latter case, the second interface would be set as default & the MPC Software would be set to use the Touch's interface. Then you'd need to run audio cables from the second interface to the Touch's input.

Can you tell me what type of cord I would need? I thought you could just sample the music straight from the PC since ALL of the MPC program and the touch needs to be connected to run anything? I don't understand really.
By DEZn00ts Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:16 pm
quietizkept wrote:It doesn't work that way. You either need a program like VB Cable to capture the audio & send it to the MPC software, or, a second audio interface. In the latter case, the second interface would be set as default & the MPC Software would be set to use the Touch's interface. Then you'd need to run audio cables from the second interface to the Touch's input.

Nevermind I think i understand now by looking at inputs. So... I need a 3.5mm male to left and right 1/4 male, correct?
By DEZn00ts Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:56 pm
Ok SO i tried VB cables... I can get the Sampler to get the signal of the sound but now I can't hear ANYTHING. I can't sample if I can't hear anything looool.

Edit: NEVERMIND! Everything is all well and working! I accidentally turned the MAIN volume on MPC software down, but when I would TEST the speakers they would make sound lol.