Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DEZn00ts Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:42 pm
I have never played an instrument, don't know ANYTHING about notes... I was originally a the guy who would spit the beat for people to rap to lol. I freestyle rapped, never recorded anything professionally. Maybe I recorded a few beats from my mouth when I was younger.

Anywho I am now 29, tired of hearing the crap music and instrumentals when I have ALL of these ideas in my head. I bought an MPC Touch and a Komplete Kontrol M32 (me like) Keyboard. I got around the "basic" things of use but when it comes to sequencing on the MPC, recording, chopping, morphing sounds etc i don't even know how to get started. I have done one or two very basic, one sequence "Ideas" so far. It's nice that people like me have the option of MPC's and the like. I never knew exactly what made the sounds that they do until I started researching Midi keyboards, MPC's, Synths etc. Funny thing is my dumb ass was going to rush like I always do and get a Synth Keyboard to try and makes beats, LOL! Luckily I seen the MPC touch and knew I wanted something with pads so that narrowed it down for me.

Obviously I'm an idiot and I need help. I really don't know much of anything about the subject at hand so I am looking for people who like helping dumb a$$e$ like me with any questions I may have or maybe pointing me in the right direction with videos and tips. Let me emphasize WE CANNOT RUSH! I'm kinda slow, not too slow but slow enough. I'm more of a visual person so If I can't see it physically I have to go through it a few times to get it.
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:35 am
make a sequence... then copy the sequence and make changes to it... now you have 2 different sequences. keep doing that making alterations.. and then you switch between them or better yet, you set them up in the order of your choice in song mode.
By DEZn00ts Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:52 am
mr_debauch wrote:make a sequence... then copy the sequence and make changes to it... now you have 2 different sequences. keep doing that making alterations.. and then you switch between them or better yet, you set them up in the order of your choice in song mode.

I actually just finish my first track today. I made sequences and changed/muted sounds accordingly. I might also mention I am using the Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt Programs to make some nice sounds with my M32 keyboard.