Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By GottaLearn Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:44 pm
Hello everyone ! This is my first time posting here and I'm looking forward to start learning more about my MPC Studio!

I've been using it for about 4 months now and I've come across the same problem over and over again. I sample drum breaks and I usually apply some internal or vintage effects on them either on all of them at once or on each pad seperately. The sound of my samples is amazing within the MPC Software , same goes for the samples of songs when I put them through the same process. The problem begins when I export the song I've made. The sample of the song I've used sounds much like the software version but the drums sound awful. They loose all their bass and "punch" and they ruin the entire instrumental! I've tried all combinations of exports , either WAV or MP3 on all Sample Rates and Hzs . I really don't know how to deal with this problem and it ruins all of my efforts. I'm in need of advice and any type of information on this matter is greatly appreciated!
By acura Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:38 am
Do you have one of the "vintage modes" turned on when you listen inside the software? I'm not sure if the vintage mode gets exported... But they exist as a plugin, too, which you can just strap onto the master bus (for when you export).
By GottaLearn Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:59 pm
acura wrote:Do you have one of the "vintage modes" turned on when you listen inside the software? I'm not sure if the vintage mode gets exported... But they exist as a plugin, too, which you can just strap onto the master bus (for when you export).

I've heard about "Vintage Mode" but I have no idea how to deactivate it . Does it affect performance or sound quality ?
By 83dude Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:25 pm
I‘d just record the song, you know, like in ye olden days.

That doesn‘t help with your issue, I know, but that way you can always hear what you get.
By Monotremata Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:53 am
GottaLearn wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Seems like you are exporting without including your effects.

I don't understand. I usually apply the effects on the pads and when I go through the song i've made on Song Mode all the effects are there.

Playing it in song mode isn't the same as bouncing out a sample. Theres a checkbox in the preferences to disable the inserts when you export/bounce. Make sure its not checked or you're just going to bounce the raw samples out.

Vintage Mode is also turned off and on in the General prefs. If you weren't aware of it, you probably never turned it on in the first place. No clue how that affects exported audio though. Never thought of that until now but Ive never listened to a bounced mix and gone 'Hmm that's lacking some of that vintage punch it had 10 minutes ago' and I always have the MPC3000 mode on. The 60 and 1200 are for drum track duties here. ;)