Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JDSY Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:24 am
Heyllooo,

So after a brief few sessions with an MPC 2000xl with CF reader and the FX card, I took it back to my music store. the main button was touchy, but other than that 500$ wasn't too bad. But I returned it. Lately I've been trying to get by - trying to be engrossed and interested in making music with a Yamaha Mo6 keyboard. But my problem is that while lately I am mostly enspired by classical music and music without drums, the keyboard doesn't sound nearly as detailed and interesting as the actual acoustic instruments

A while back I bought an mpc studio black new but it was glitchy. the screen was all messed up. For some reason i didn't return it, and used it for a few tunes but eventually traded it to a friend who ended up leaving it in his car and misplacing it. This is the same guy who tried to pull one of his own teeth with a wrench or whatever.

JDSY - Bellwig Hummel

But today i'm here because I think making another go at the sample/mpc world is worth it.

I made a few pgms with the mpc last summer, I should have recorded them to my computer. But I just left them on the CF card and returned the machine to the store.

It was weird because after effectively giving up on the project of sampling my tape collection and tossing that work aside, I found out the next day that MPC master (or whatever you wanna call it) Ras G died.

I almost felt responsible for disappointing the MPC gods by forgoing my work.

OK well

I think I'm gonna take this folder of samples I used in a SP404a that I had for a month and start MPC again.

this time, with the frugal and modern 2.0 MPC Studio Black