Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DEZn00ts Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:12 am
Ok so first off I bought my MPC second hand so it didn't come with the 3.5mm to MIDI. I bought one on Ebay that was supposedly for the MPC touch and a Midi cable as well. I tried everything but don't get a response at all from the midi outs. Don't have anything else to test it either. Would it most likely be the Adapter of the Midi Cable that is out of wack? I tried all the settings and preferences, Deepmind doesn't have an external setting on arp, only internal and auto midi/usb. Most likely the adapter?
By Cockdiesel Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:45 am
Damn thought you got caught up shooting up that Jewish deli. Few weeks back.

Make sure you have a midi program selected and the right channel selected for your deep mind. You may need to go into the settings on the deep mind to make sure the midi channels line up.

On mpc: select midi track. Make sure the right port (a or b) is selected as well as the track (1-16)

On deep mind turn local off, make sure the midi is set to the Same channel as mentioned in the mpc program.

Midi out a mpc > deep mind in
Then midi back into mpc from deep mind
2 midi chords. 2 adapters.

You can test your set up by just connecting them and making sure they are both set to the same midi channels.
Example. Hook the cord up, make sure mpc is set to the right midi channel and seee if the notes trigger on The deep mind
It will pick up the clock when you are able to get the notes playing.

If this don’t work, please explain things a little more and I’m sure it’s a simple fix.
By DEZn00ts Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:53 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Damn thought you got caught up shooting up that Jewish deli. Few weeks back.

Make sure you have a midi program selected and the right channel selected for your deep mind. You may need to go into the settings on the deep mind to make sure the midi channels line up.

On mpc: select midi track. Make sure the right port (a or b) is selected as well as the track (1-16)

On deep mind turn local off, make sure the midi is set to the Same channel as mentioned in the mpc program.

Midi out a mpc > deep mind in
Then midi back into mpc from deep mind
2 midi chords. 2 adapters.

You can test your set up by just connecting them and making sure they are both set to the same midi channels.
Example. Hook the cord up, make sure mpc is set to the right midi channel and seee if the notes trigger on The deep mind
It will pick up the clock when you are able to get the notes playing.

If this don’t work, please explain things a little more and I’m sure it’s a simple fix.

Can I ask WHY I need BOTH midi cords??? Why is it I seen videos of people just using one midi cord?

I've done everything you've said and no avail. i don't have an extra midi cord but shouldn't I get SOME TYPE of signal out of one cord? Like I said (I think) I used midi through USB no problem but am not getting ANY type of signal through the ONE midi cord.
By DEZn00ts Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:10 pm
So I sent the adapter back and ordered one from MPCstuff. I think there was something wrong with the adapter OR the midi/audio driver for MPC is somehow messed up on my computer because at the same time I am having this issue, the input for L+R is missing from the audio preferences input selections. I literally tried everything I could do, I could NOT get any type of signal to come through the Midi out on MPC to MIDI In on Deepmind. The USB from Deepmind to PC worked flawlessly though.

I just want to make sure I didn't purchase a broken adapter. I can't stand wasting money and if the USB does the job of both midi in and out I will use that and keep the new adapter for if I buy another synth.

So to clarify, if I wanted midi to work out of the midi ports, I would need TWO adapters and cords and I do not need to use a USB cord IF my midi was working right, correct?
By DEZn00ts Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:25 pm
Yea doing a little more research I am seeing I should have had some type of signal being sent one way or another. I tried reversing both midi in and out, using it as a midi keyboard didn't work either. I think the Adapter was the wrong one. The seller had different types for different Controllers like the Arturias Keystep,Eurorack etc. I chose the right one but I suspect it to be faulty or NOT the right one lol.

Ahhhh... I hate this... Nothing ever goes right lol.
By DEZn00ts Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:56 pm
DEZn00ts wrote: the input for L+R is missing from the audio preferences input selections.

Nevermind on this. I must have disabled it in windows sound settings because I re enabled it and the selection is there now.
By DEZn00ts Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:58 pm
Lampdog wrote:ASR10, Kronos2, Subsequent-37.
In that exact order.

Oh Damn MY bad. That Sub 37 looks amazing though. Wish there was a big winking Emoji ;) ;) ;)

Oh and in my Defense... On my PC screen the Picture is kinda pixelated lol.
By Lampdog Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:38 pm
It is a pixelated pic, your pc is fine.

It was high def, made it small, it got jacked up in the process.

Back to topic. Deepmind seems to be a good keyboard, I like a combination of sliders, knobs.
I also want a keyboard to “look” better. It looks like an updated Realistic kybd from the 80’s.
I do like the way the specs read, awesome kybd, not for me though.
By DEZn00ts Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:45 pm
Lampdog wrote:It is a pixelated pic, your pc is fine.

It was high def, made it small, it got jacked up in the process.

Back to topic. Deepmind seems to be a good keyboard, I like a combination of sliders, knobs.
I also want a keyboard to “look” better. It looks like an updated Realistic kybd from the 80’s.
I do like the way the specs read, awesome kybd, not for me though.

Oh for sure for sure I understand why 100%. I got it because it's got the best features and it's cheapISH. Definitely would have got something else if I had more money.