Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Gary Bukner Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:55 am
MPC Studio, Mac Mojave (two macs - iMac 2019 and Macbook Pro 2015) - My hardware is not being recognised. I have tried 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7 software. I have tried 1.01 and 1.01 drivers. What makes it worse is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Lastly, often it works in standalone, but less often as a plugin (in Logic or Live). I have spent 8 hours today trying to resolve this and after seven hours, everything seemed fine by going back to 2.5 and using 1.01 driver. Then an hour later, the hardware was not recognised again.
Is this a software or hardware issue?

I find it hard to believe the hardware is at fault if I can plug it into one machine and it is not recognised, and then plug it into the other one and all is fine.

This experience has made me lose all trust in Akai and if they can't provide a solution, I will have to dump them and find another way.
By Monotremata Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:01 am
Well, its not Akai's fault it doesn't work on your particular system, because mine works flawlessly here on my Mac Pro running Mojave, and it works for you on another machine, and other folks here, so they obviously made hardware and software that works.

Its obviously not a hardware issue, at least as far as the Studio is concerned. With the information given, nobody really has any clue what else you're doing on your Mac's that might cause it not to be recognized.