Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Zero7 Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 am
Trying to get my brothers MPC touch working. Just picked up some output cables and got it hooked up to some bookshelves. Getting started in the native (updated) MPC software it immediately blasts out whatever sample you feed it at horrible distortion, and it kind of sustains to for 10 or so seconds after. Improves when you change the input drivers to primary sound capture. And by improves I mean you can only hear the samples when you turn down the speakers all the way. The output of this thing is crazy. The screen bridge is also wonky and often what's supposed to be in the mpc display is off to the side and hangs on the PC display like a ghost. All my driver's are updated. The laptop is top specs, although I suspect no soundcard. Would love any speculations on this.
By 83dude Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:28 am
Zero7 wrote:Trying to get my brothers MPC touch working. Just picked up some output cables and got it hooked up to some bookshelves. Getting started in the native (updated) MPC software it immediately blasts out whatever sample you feed it at horrible distortion, and it kind of sustains to for 10 or so seconds after. Improves when you change the input drivers to primary sound capture. And by improves I mean you can only hear the samples when you turn down the speakers all the way. The output of this thing is crazy. The screen bridge is also wonky and often what's supposed to be in the mpc display is off to the side and hangs on the PC display like a ghost. All my driver's are updated. The laptop is top specs, although I suspect no soundcard. Would love any speculations on this.

I‘ll speculate a bit and assume your levels in the software are alright and nothing is clipping internally (I‘ve experienced various people having similar problems):

I‘d suspect, either your speakers or something in between your interface and your speakers operate on HiFi-Level (-10 dBv reference), while your output relates to +4 dBu studio level, meaning your -10 dBv device gets roughly 2-5 times the level it expects.

Please check your gear‘s manuals briefly for information on that to clarify. :hmmm: