Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Menco Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am
I swapped my Live back to a Studio, but this one came without a serial code. So I don't have access to the Software anymore. Does anybody have a spare Ren or Studio serial code they don't need anymore? Help would be much appreciated :worthy:
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:23 am
I thought the serial number was on the bottom. Should start with 21. If not call Akai support and they'll remedy the situations. Thank you MPC FORUMS UNAUTHORIZED UNPAID SUPPORT SERVICES.

USA & Canada
Phone: 401-658-5765
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 6:30PM EST

Germany
Phone: +49-2154-81299-20
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM CET

UK/Europe
Phone: 44(0)1252-896040
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM BST

Brazil
Phone: +5511 - 3222-6476
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00PM BRT

Menco wrote:I swapped my Live back to a Studio, but this one came without a serial code. So I don't have access to the Software anymore. Does anybody have a spare Ren or Studio serial code they don't need anymore? Help would be much appreciated :worthy:
By Menco Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:08 pm
Smart dude removed the sticker with the serial code.

After some more research I found out that if a new user registers a second hands MPC, it won't affect the original user. So my software won't be deactivated.

When the Akai Pro website was updated, the registration process changed slightly as well. In the past, users could contact us to remove registrations from items. Now, the new user can simply register the product with the hardware's serial number. The new user will have separate access to the included content and this will not affect the original user. No further action is necessary on the part of the original user or the new user.

Just let's see how it goes. If I will loose access to the software I'm going to contact Akai. Thanks.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm
If worst comes to worst, look into the MPC ONE. Seems like its in your ball park, as far as form factor.

Menco wrote:Smart dude removed the sticker with the serial code.

After some more research I found out that if a new user registers a second hands MPC, it won't affect the original user. So my software won't be deactivated.

When the Akai Pro website was updated, the registration process changed slightly as well. In the past, users could contact us to remove registrations from items. Now, the new user can simply register the product with the hardware's serial number. The new user will have separate access to the included content and this will not affect the original user. No further action is necessary on the part of the original user or the new user.

Just let's see how it goes. If I will loose access to the software I'm going to contact Akai. Thanks.
By Menco Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:32 pm
Yeah, it kind of is. If it was around when I bought the Live, I probably would have bought that one I keep it around for it's small footprint.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:37 pm
Menco wrote:Yeah, it kind of is. If it was around when I bought the Live, I probably would have bought that one I keep it around for it's small footprint.

It's removes the need for studio or studio black. If you don't mind me asking, but what did you pay for the your studio?
By Menco Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:08 pm
€70. Without the software. By that I thought he just didn't have the original copies of the software that came with it. Not that the serial code was removed as well. Could have expected it for such a low price.

For now I'll stick with the Studio. Really love the dedicated menu buttons instead of the touchscreen.
By Monotremata Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:36 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Doesn't the serial show in the initial MPC Software activation screen (starts with '21') ? I had to install on a new computer the other day and I seem to remember seeing the serial there.

If he's using 1.9 or later with the iLok stuff I don't think it shows that. Might be able to go into the prefs and look at the hardware info though. Theres a button on one of the pages in there that opens it but cant remember if it shows the serial or not. I think its on the screen where you set the pad sensitivity but I haven't opened it since I got the Live so cant remember.

Either way, because of the way Akai runs, everybody from him til the end of time that registers that MPC is going to be an 'owner' and have access to all the software in their account. You can literally go grab a serial number from someone's photo on Ebay and register it and get instant access to MPC 2.0 and the expansions it comes with.
By Menco Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:49 am
Monotremata wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Doesn't the serial show in the initial MPC Software activation screen (starts with '21') ? I had to install on a new computer the other day and I seem to remember seeing the serial there.

If he's using 1.9 or later with the iLok stuff I don't think it shows that. Might be able to go into the prefs and look at the hardware info though. Theres a button on one of the pages in there that opens it but cant remember if it shows the serial or not. I think its on the screen where you set the pad sensitivity but I haven't opened it since I got the Live so cant remember.

Either way, because of the way Akai runs, everybody from him til the end of time that registers that MPC is going to be an 'owner' and have access to all the software in their account. You can literally go grab a serial number from someone's photo on Ebay and register it and get instant access to MPC 2.0 and the expansions it comes with.

I think this indeed is the case, since I still have access to the 2.??. Yesterday I thought I still had access because the new owner had not registered the Live yet, and that I would be locked out somewhere during the day.
By Monotremata Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:10 pm
The Akai reps explained it all on their forum a bunch of times. Theres a lot of questions from people asking about transferring ownership and whatnot so Akai just dumbed it all down and made it easy for everybody. Im assuming they don't really make that much, if anything, off the MPC Software and it probably makes people want to buy an MPC so they don't care if people steal it. I bought the software for like $10 and then bought the MPC Studio and MPC Live so it worked on me haha. The one thing you cant get with a serial number are the things like the free Live licenses. At least with my MPD that came on a separate card and does NOT show up in my Akai account. Ableton will still give you a license though, all you have to do is send them a picture of a device you own that came with a Live license and they'll send you a new one. My MPD was used, I got the license from Ableton just fine sending em a pic of my desk with the MPD in plain site.