Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By ginsuthaironchef Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:15 am
I've watched YouTube tutorials on this, but I'm still not getting it.

Say I want to use a filter on 8 piano chops. Can someone explain how to set this up using sends and returns?

I'm trying to avoid inserting a filter on each pad in the mixer. I know this is pretty basic.

Basically, I want to freak the knobs on a plug in, and have it effect multiple sounds within a sequence.

I'm using MPC Version 1.9.7.
By acura Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:00 am
Hey,
So generally send and returns are being used for effects you want to blend in to the original sound. A good example is reverb and delay.
Normally you want to apply a filter with 100% wet (so no amount of unfiltered signal will be left), that's why you would use it as an insert effect.
So if you want to have the filter on all of your 8 piano chops, so on all pads, you just insert the filter on an effect slot of the related program.

If you still want to use the filter with send and returns, just insert the filter on an effect slot of for example return 1 and then send some signal to this return by increasing the level on the knob for send 1 om your program.

Hope that helps ;)