Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By STNIK Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:33 am
Hi. Im really bad with technology.
I just purchased a used MPC Renaissance.
I connected my ear phones and than my speaker,
But i cant hear anything.
Can anyone please help me
By STNIK Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:59 am
Cockdiesel wrote:Have you hooked it up to your computer, installed the software and loaded a project?

I downloaded the software that came with it and I connected it to my pc. However I don't know what a project is?
And i cant hear anything through my ear phones or stereo.
Any help would be appreciated
By Cockdiesel Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:13 am
Damn man. I never had a ren and don’t know where you should begin. You need to get samples loaded. Project, some wav files something. Hate to say it but you’re best bet is the ren bible at the very top that will have project data you need. I ain’t trying to have you to spend money but it’s your best bet right now.
By STNIK Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:16 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Damn man. I never had a ren and don’t know where you should begin. You need to get samples loaded. Project, some wav files something. Hate to say it but you’re best bet is the ren bible at the very top that will have project data you need. I ain’t trying to have you to spend money but it’s your best bet right now.

Hi. I Bought the MPC Renaissance bible. and im still confused.
i asked my seller.
He told me i have to install the sound banks onto to my MPC Renaisance.
Can you help me?
Do you know how i could install sound banks in to my MPC Renaissance?
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:47 pm
I'm assuming you created an akai account in order to register the software and get it running
On the downloads page will be mpc expansions and some proprietary vst synths too.

Download and install.

Then hit YouTube to get to grips with the basics

Will open with a new blank project So no sound until you've loaded programs either drum or plugin on to a track

Some very good videos on YouTube
Search mpc Renaissance beginner
By STNIK Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:18 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:I'm assuming you created an akai account in order to register the software and get it running
On the downloads page will be mpc expansions and some proprietary vst synths too.

Download and install.

Then hit YouTube to get to grips with the basics

Will open with a new blank project So no sound until you've loaded programs either drum or plugin on to a track

Some very good videos on YouTube
Search mpc Renaissance beginner

Thanks for the response. I just used my serial number and activation code to download every aspect of the software + download software 2.0 and my ILOK. i have a stereo with an ok wire and i desktop. ive been trying for 3 days 6 hours a day to get the sound to work. i have the sound bank downloaded but when i touch the pads i dont get any sound. can you please help? is there anyway to test the sound or fix the output of my mpc?
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:51 pm
Please watch some beginner videos.

Drum tracks are for samples

Drag a sample or program from mpc browser or via the hardware browser with load to the selected pad
Sound will then play

If you made it this far and have sound great
If you have no sound check your preferences in the edit menu and make sure either the Renaissance Interface or a separate interface is selected
Plugin tracks are for vsti
Clip tracks are for loops
Midi is to push midi to other hard or software
CV is for controlling sybthisisers

Again. Watch a few videos
By STNIK Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:42 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:Start here
Work your way through his playlist.
V1.9 but not much has changed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE8OrUM7Huc

Thanks alot.
I can hear the sound now.
And the video was very helpful.

I know the video covered the basics
And mostly sampling
But my sound bank doesnt :hmmm: seem to have alot of sound options for beat making.

So my question is...
Do i need a DAW to get more sound opinions
or
Does the mpc renaissance come with the sound opinions?
Please help if you can
By STNIK Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:44 pm
NearTao wrote:What do you mean by sound options?

I think most people will tell you... it's a sampler... sample your own stuff or get sound packs from various sources.

Thank you! very helpful! that was what i wanted to know!
the last thing i want to know before i get started is,
if you know where i could get sound packs from?
By Lampdog Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:49 pm
STNIK wrote:if you know where i could get sound packs from?

All over the web. Here too. Top Menu "MPC Samples"