Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By themixtape Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:15 pm
Hi! Been a minute since I logged into this forum... MPC Beats caught my eye. Just wondering if it (and the Ren) are compatible with it... the same way all the Maschine controllers work with the Maschine software? Thanks!
By themixtape Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:37 pm
Awesome. Thanks guys! Yeah I figured... just wanted to be sure. Tough to find info on Akai's site... everything's usually very vague. And since the Ren, Studio (and Touch) are no longer available... I'm surprised there's no info about using the older controllers... like say you buy one used, and even though you can't use the full 2.8 software (such as a non-transferable license), MPC Beats still gives you a lot for free!
By themixtape Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:19 pm
Further research shows it might not work... the hardware wizard doesn't have any of the main hardware controllers listed for the midi controllers... but then again, I think the list is only for non-tied hardware (like the MPD series, MPK, etc).

Can anyone else confirm? Thanks! Also, wondering if the Studio works with MPC Beats plugin, inside Reaper. Thanks again!
By Menco Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:07 pm
I think nobody can confirm, except for Akai. You can shoot them a mail. But I’ll be surprised if it isn’t compatible.

Are you looking to buy one? Cause the regular software license is just transferable. I sold my Live and for the buyer it was no problem using the SW plus expansions. There is a whole thread about transferring SW licenses in case you are in the market for a Studio.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:49 pm
MPC Beats does not come with the same installer at the MPC Software, it doesn't give you the option of installing any of the required drivers for any of the hardware MPCs, not just the Studio. So there's nothing for the Live, X, One or Live II either.

I just tried it on my newer computer which doesn't have any MPC Studio specific drivers on it and the MPC studio screen remains stuck on the 'MPC' logo. MPC Beats does however work with my MPC Live, so I suspect it should also work with the MPC Studio with the right drivers.

I just tried installing the Studio drivers from the MPC Software 2.8.1 installer - it requires a reboot, so I'll check it later, don't want to shut down all my current work ATM. However you can download the MPC Software 2.8 trial yourself and install the drivers from that, I don't think the drivers have any trial time limits on them. https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-software-2

Let us know how you get on.