Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By unready Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:42 am
In the latest MPC software I can't seem to figure out how to play the pads, even though the track is muted.

It used to be that you could still get the sound by playing the pads if you muted the track (and only the recorded midi events were actually muted) - now everything is silent. For me it was a very useful feature for practicing. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!
By Duncan Idaho Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:24 pm
Hi,thanks for the tip, the monitor indeed works but if you have recorded a track mute event, the pad will only be audible in the portion of sound the is not muted.

This is so annoying, I've sent a support request at Akai Pro after 2.8 release, and they replied that could possibly be reverted in next release so I waited until 2.9 patiently but guess what ? They don't care about customer feedback anymore ...

It sucks, I really think about switching to NI.
By Duncan Idaho Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:29 pm
Hi NearTao, the point is that I wouldn't be surprised that 2.9 will be the last 2.X release and downgrading to 2.7 is not an option as it would break most of my tracks.
And yes they replied, but it is the standard after sale reply that is mutualized between all InMusic brands.

On your side, don't you agree that removing the muted tracks pad audition was sooo boring for lot of beat makers workflow ?