Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Vibez26 Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:49 pm
I've fried my PCB board by accidentally plugging in the wrong power supply.
So I'm searching for a new PCB board (cheaper than the ones on mpcstuff).
Other possibilty might be an offer for the touch itself as it is, with the fried motherboard.
By SakisX Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:24 pm
Maybe you fried only the diodes on the input and the rest of the board is intact . The repair cost if you are lucky would be less than 30$ (including the technician fee)
By Vibez26 Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:10 pm
SakisX wrote:Maybe you fried only the diodes on the input and the rest of the board is intact . The repair cost if you are lucky would be less than 30$ (including the technician fee)

Hey, thanks for the reply!
Seems worth a try.
Should I just see a computer technician for this? Since there isn't really a more specialized technician here in Belgium.

I've included some pics as well, there isn't really anything visible other than a burnmark on one of the flexible flat cables. And the usb & power supply imput smell a bit burnt as well.

By SakisX Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:49 am
I guess the cable was close to 1 mark
Where is the psu input? On mark 2 ?

Best option is a TV repair shop since they are more skilled electronic technicians
By Vibez26 Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:00 pm
SakisX wrote:I guess the cable was close to 1 mark
Where is the psu input? On mark 2 ?

Best option is a TV repair shop since they are more skilled electronic technicians

The psu is on the top of the pîcture and there is a very small burn mark on the same board.
Haven't found anyone willing to try the repair though :|