Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Lemmy Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:49 pm
Hi,

Is there a way to get the Touch to send midi events from pads when it's NOT in controller mode?

I'm using it for splitting samples to programs, then I want to perform with the pads while the software is loaded as a plugin in a DAW - but the DAW doesn't register the pad hits, unless I switch to controller mode. When I'm in controller mode the current program doesn't play...

Catch 22?
By Cinetrax Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:12 pm
Hi,

To record Midi notes from MPC pads into DAW midi tracks while using MPC as a DAW plugin, the only way to make this happen is to set MPC into Controller Mode.

Your MPC has to be USB connected to computer to use Midi via USB and your MPC Plugin Preferences set to Hardware / Controls / Record-Overdub : To Host DAW.

Your DAW MPC Midi Track input has to be set as MPC Public, output as MPC MIDI-In.

Meanwhile, your audio comes from MPC plugin into dedicated DAW Audio inputs

You hear what you play on your MPC pads while its Midi notes are recorded into DAW
By PVia Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:03 am
[quote="Cinetrax"]
Your DAW MPC Midi Track input has to be set as MPC Public, output as MPC MIDI-In. /quote]

Hi, I did everything in your post but I do not have MPC MIDI-in listed in my track outputs in the inspector.

I'm not able to get Logic to recognize MIDI input from the pads, even though I can trigger MPC sounds and have Logic recognize it when played from my USB keyboard instrument.
By 83dude Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:39 pm
Try entering MIDI Control Mode. It is described on page 208 of the MPC Software manual.