Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By ST.N Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:04 pm
Hi, I just purchased an MPC renaissance.
and
when I press the pads the sound comes out foggy.
also when I press play it sounds terrible.

so my question is,
do I automatically need studio speakers?
and
can I practice making beats before I purchase a turntable?
By ST.N Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:01 am
What i meant to ask is,
What headphones give the best sound for beat making on an mpc rennaisance?
Because ive been haveing terrible sound
(Using my stereo)

Also
Do i need a turntable?
Because i am off to a very slow start.
And i want to know if i need a turntable to make beats? :hmmm: :mrgreen:
By NearTao Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:18 am
If your headphones sound fine on other devices, then you are either getting an over driven signal or have some other problem. Have you tried hooking up speakers to see if it is any better?

You do not need a turntable, though you'll probably want something to get a source of samples. Youtube can work fine, or you can check out MPC Samples for example to get some sample packs to make some beats. Sky is the limit here though. Got some S950 links in my signature that you can download for free too.
By ST.N Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:04 am
Thanks alot,
I rap and ive been trying to make beats in the pandemic

The only problem ive been having is my stereo. It sounds good with the desktop, but when i connect the mpc it sounds terrible.
Any tips?
And also
Do you have any links for samples?
By NearTao Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:07 am
It is super hard to guess what the problem is without seeing it. Maybe try to record it with your phone and post it someplace so you can share a link here.

As for sample links... the owner of this site has mpc-samples.com, reverb.com has free sample packs for drum machines, loopmasters.com has a ton of paid content... if you search for ‘sample packs’ or ‘sample kits’ you will find a ton of stuff.
By NearTao Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:23 pm
I can tell you that's not normal, though I'm not sure what the issue is. Sounds like some sort of weird software or driver glitch... or maybe something going on with your speaker?

I don't have a ren... so not sure how much I can help... but I'd post anything that you think might be relevant...

What OS are you on Windows 7, Windows 10, OS X...
What version of the software are you on...
What version of audio drivers are you using...
By dryad-66 Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 pm
Its crackling.Sounds like you need to go to the MPC top left then preferences in the MPC software,choose audio And there you can adjust the buffer rate.Higher number bigger buffer which should hopefully help.Otherwise contact Akai.
By ST.N Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:03 am
Does anyone have any tips

On how i can get the mpc fixed

Or what akai can do

Or if the mpc i too damaged and if i lost my money.

Also any tips on buying a new one :hmmm: :lol: :mrgreen:
By SakisX Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:42 am
First go to preferences on the software and post a screenshot with the audio configuration.
By dryad-66 Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:10 am
Yes lets see what the preferences looks like.Adjust the buffer.Also There is some audio drivers that can be tricky with the REN.If no joy eventually you can just buy another audio interface/soundcard to use with the REN as controller
By ST.N Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:27 pm
I am preparing for my finals in college,

I will post the screenshots in 2 or 3 days.

Thanks a lot dudes
By ST.N Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:08 pm
file:///C:/Users/Nicholas/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20(13).png
By ST.N Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:09 pm
file:///C:/Users/Nicholas/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20(14).png