Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By CupboardHands Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:02 pm
Hello all!

I want to sell my mpc renaissance due to a lack of room/use. I am just wondering how I would go about transferring the license to the buyer? I can not seem to find a definitive answer anywhere and would like to know how before I put it up for sale!

Also the software I have is version 1.9.3, which is an old version, will this affect things in the sale?

Thanks again and look forward to your responses!
By MPC-Tutor Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:58 pm
In theory you email akai and they remove the MPC Renaissiance from your account, the buyer just registers the hardware when they receive it. From personal experience Akai didn't actually remove the MPC Ren from my account, but my buyer never had any issues registering it himself.

These days I hear it's quite difficult to get a response from Akai support, so good luck.

In theory having a 2.x license will add some additional value to the Ren, but I don't think it's going to stop it selling.