Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By puddle_hugger Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:04 am
Hey y’all. I’m having an issue somewhere between my ren and my speakers where there is about a 1 second delay between me hitting the pad and the sample coming out of the speakers. I don’t know a whole lot about latency or midi clocks, and all the terms i’m searching keep winding up with nothing. Here’s what’s happening and what I could figure out:

-when I hit the pad, the EQ on the standalone program shows the sample play at about the same time i hit the pad, but there’s no sound til about a second layer out of my speakers
-I’m running both my computer and stand-alone program via the MPC Ren ASIO driver on windows 10
-tried both time correct on and off, made no difference
-experimented with different buffer sizes and system speeds to no avail
-updated drivers, firmware and software to the latest supported versions
-i believe i’m running usb 2.0 to usb 3.0 (though backwards compatibility should make this ok)
-my speakers are plugged directly into the stereo out of the Ren

Any help or direction would be wonderful, thank you!
By Moran Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:49 pm
HI There.

Don't know if this will work for you, but try setting the sample rate to 96000hz. This solved a similar issue I had with my Ren- although on Mac OS.

Hope it works.
By 83dude Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Had that one, too for quite some while. Changing the sample rate and then changing it back usually resolved this.

-

By AlfrErymn Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:33 am
Clock
There are eight clocks available in Lemur, one corresponding to each MIDI target. Each clock can
operate as an internal master, or slave to an external signal. Sending MIDI clock from Lemur is
not supported.