Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Moran Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:52 pm
HI there,

I am having trouble with the MIDI Output devices on MPC 2.9 DAW Software. Although I am able to see my Korg Kronos 73 keyboard as in input port tin the MIDI/Sync preferences, I cannot see the same device in the Output port preferences.

I am therefore unable to send MIDI data to the instrument, which I use for a majority of the non-percussion sounds. I am on Mac OS Mojave, with MPC Renaissance. All drivers, including the Korg and Akai MPC Renaissance are up to date for the OS.

Does anyone have a similar problem, or any idea how to resolve this issue?
By Dmcghee Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:22 am
Moran wrote:HI there,

I am having trouble with the MIDI Output devices on MPC 2.9 DAW Software. Although I am able to see my Korg Kronos 73 keyboard as in input port tin the MIDI/Sync preferences, I cannot see the same device in the Output port preferences.

I am therefore unable to send MIDI data to the instrument, which I use for a majority of the non-percussion sounds. I am on Mac OS Mojave, with MPC Renaissance. All drivers, including the Korg and Akai MPC Renaissance are up to date for the OS.

I have MPC X it is a major bug in 2.9 regarding the midi outs using the MPC Software in controller mode. None of the 4 midi out ports are available. Also only 4 ports of a powered 7 port usb hub is recognized. I spoke to a representitive from Akai and they are aware of the issue. I was told there is a 2.9.1 update to be release. They couldn’t give me a ETA.
By Dmcghee Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:25 am
Moran wrote:HI there,

In the meantime you can use a usb hub for your Korg Kronos in controller mode until the updated is released.