Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By enderman Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:06 pm
Hi. I just got a used MPC Touch and I'm considering upgrading to a One. Something I haven't figured out yet though is setting loop points within a keygroup sample so I can sample and use synth sounds. Could someone either walk me through it or point me to a video or other type of resource that explains this?

And just to be very clear, I want to:

* record a synth sound
* play the sample from the start
* loop a segment of the sample while the key is still pressed
* continue playing the rest of the sample after the sample is released

Please tell me it's possible.

I'm having a hard time finding info on the internet because "loop" is a pretty generic word and usually refers to something else in the MPC world.

Thanks
By SakisX Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:48 pm

Not possible ,so forget about capturing the natural fading tail of a sample.... this ,plus the lack of pitch envelope are major missing features
By enderman Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:54 pm
SakisX wrote:* continue playing the rest of the sample after the sample is released

Not possible ,so forget about capturing the natural fading tail of a sample.... this ,plus the lack of pitch envelope are major missing features

Damn. Thanks for the info. Anyone know if this is on the roadmap at least?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:35 pm
None of those features have ever been mentioned by Akai, I really hope they put some time improving the program spec in many places to make the MPC more suitable for drum design and multisampling. A pitch envelope would be fantastic, as would 'per layer' envelopes, filter, lfo and FX rather than 'per pad'. keygroup and layer crossfade would be lovely, as would round robins per velocity layer.
By bilposey Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am
[quote="enderman"]Hi. I just got a used MPC Touch and I'm considering upgrading to a One. Something I haven't figured out yet though is setting loop points within a keygroup sample so I can sample and use synth sounds. Could someone either walk me through it or point me to a video or other type of resource that explains this?

And just to be very clear, I want to:

* record a synth sound
* play the sample from the start
* loop a segment of the sample while the key is still pressed

Please tell me it's possible.

I'm having a hard time finding info on the internet because "loop" is a pretty generic word and usually refers to something else in the MPC world.

Thanks[/quote

When in key group mode go to Wave /grid/list
Choose Wave
Then set points of sample
Check loop lock
Done
:worthy:
By enderman Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:39 pm
bilposey wrote:
When in key group mode go to Wave /grid/list
Choose Wave
Then set points of sample
Check loop lock
Done
:worthy:

You can adjust the start and end points of the looped part and not just the start and end of the sample?