Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Saltybeats Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:55 am
I have the latest MPC x software on Mojave with my X. I just got a Renaissance again after all these years but I’m trying to install the old software that’s gray version 1.9.7 on the same computer. I want to be able to use that software just for my Renaissance. But when I install it and run it the newest software for the MPC X opens up. The black and red one.

How can I install the older renaissance software and have it on my computer independently so I can run it. And if I want to use my X it opens up the newest software on that. Thanks
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:07 pm
I would first make a clone of your working set up (the one that works with 2.9 and the MPC X). Use 'Carbon Copy Cloner' or similar, or Time Machine (slower to restore though)

Uninstall 2.9, use the uninstaller provided in Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC.
Reboot computer
install 1.9.7 and all the drivers , rebooting when required.
Check to see if Ren works correctly.

Make a copy of Applications > MPC. Rename the copy 'MPC 1.9'.

Go to Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC and copy the FX folder, put it somewhere safe.

Install 2.9, fully with all drivers.

Copy 'MPC 1.9' to your Applications folder.

Copy the 'FX' folder to Library > Application Support > Akai > MPC (MPC 1.9 needs these FX vsts, but the MPC 2 installer deletes them (or at least it did at some point)).

Add MPC 1.9 to your dock and use this to launch 1.9. Use the standard MPC dock icon to launch 2.9.

This may or may not work, and you might get driver clashes or other issues, but you can use your clone backup to restore everything if need be.

Working fine for me with an MPC Touch on Mojave. YMMV with the Ren, but I'm pretty sure it was also working fine with my MPC Studio last I tried it.