Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By tenakilla Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:21 pm
I typed Big Sur into the search function for this forum and nothing came back, please excuse me if this was answered elsewhere and I missed it.

Does anyone know if Akai is going to support the MPC Studio Black on Big Sur? I finally got it running on Catalina but it is glitchy (i.e. note repeat only works once and I have to reboot software to use it again, among other issues). I can't go back to Mojave because it's a 2020 MBP and came installed with Catalina.

Akai has been stonewalling me on this and I see they have moved the Studio into their Legacy page: https://www.akaipro.com/products/legacy

If there is no info from Akai, does anyone have a workaround to run the Studio on Big Sur?

I was trying out other MPCs and want to like them, but the X is too big and expensive, the One's pads are too small and it doesn't feel like an MPC (I started on the 2000XL 20 years ago but retired that because it's too expensive to keep fixing and too limited), and I'm just not a fan of the Live. I really like the Studio and don't want to part with it. However, I also have a Maschine and am thinking of selling the Studio because Akai support has been so frustrating. I'm tired of dealing with this when I just want to make music.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.