Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Pat Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:36 am
I'am using MPC Ren. with old Software 1.9 on MAC. I prefer to finish and record my mixdowns on a hardware mixer. This allows me to integrate other midi instruments such as external drum machines and keyboards etc. At the moment I go trough the USB interface which allows me to export in pairs 16 channels of the MPC. The output routing is set up in pairs of 2 x 8 = 16 mono or 8 stereo channels. The external USB interface only allows a max. of 16 channels. However the MPC Ren. software is able to export far more channels. I am planning to purchase a digital hardware mixer as modern digital mixers (i.e. Presonus Studio-Live 32S) have already an integrated USB Audio Interface allowing you to insert up to 64 channels into the digital mixer from any existing DAW. Any thoughts or experiences of MPC users who already work in such a set up? For example the MPC Ren. software is exporting the channels in pairs of 2 - but the insert routing of the digital mixers in most of the tutorials is done separately channel by channel. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Best wishes
Pat