Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Mau Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:26 pm
Hi, I have a problem with the Renaissance: it suddenly stopped being detected by the mpc software (but on Windows, in my computer, it is detected as "audio controller" and "usb controller"). Basically, running the driver installation, the mpc software again, it seems to be detected, otherwise the process would not be able to get to the end of the driver installation. But once all this is done, the Renaissance is as if it were "hibernating", that is, in standby, with its rhythmic flashing of all the buttons in charge of this. I also tried installing the latest firmware, but nothing happens. Furthermore, updating the firmware is a very delicate operation as you well know and if the hardware (any hardware) is disabled (turned off), it could be damaged. Nothing happens here, I can turn it on normally right after and this (along with the other problems) I think is due to a problem with the usb port (maybe it is detected because the power goes through the usb port, but not the data, this could be the reason why it is not detected by the software and it is not possible to unlock it, receiving as a message an error message due to the wrong serial: I have read an article about it, but the situation has remained the same. he also wrote to Akai, but I have not received an answer), or (and I hope not) to something more serious. I state that I have not tried to do a test with another USB cable, because, in fact, the driver is installed, so I necessarily think that the hardware is still detected by the PC.
I have read a few posts to see if someone has happened such a thing, but exactly this problem does not seem to me, that's why I wrote here.
Thanks
By J.D. Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:39 am
Try different cables, different USB Ports and maybe a different Computer.
Otherwise I‘m out of ideas...
By Mau Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:15 pm
Thanks for your answers, but I have already tried on different usb ports and with 3 cables. In my opinion, the data could not be transferred from the USB port, because if it is true that the power is supplied by the power supply, how is it possible that the Renaissance is recognized when I install the drivers? If the usb port is not transmitting data it should not even allow you to complete this procedure. I would not want it to be something more serious, such as the integrated that takes care of transmitting the data to the rest of the instrument. But it hasn't suffered any power surge, or anything else.
By Mau Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:59 pm
Uninstall, reboot and install again.

Already done at least 2/3 times.

Maybe also check if Windows is using the device as an audio interface (choose another device for playback / recording)

I have to do this test, when during the installation of the audio driver at this point I try not to select the driver that is proposed (it could be this, you never know: but the doubt always remains, even if it has nothing to do with it with the software, about why the hardware firmware is not installed)

and blocks the connection with the software

This I have to try.

Thanks
By Mau Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:04 pm
Nothing, I tried, but always an error (about the serial). Then the "Audio Device Not Working" window appears.
I tried to select other audio drivers, like "Windows Audio", "DirectSound", but nothing.
By Mau Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:19 pm
I wanted to try an unlock procedure via offline mode, but it is requested by the Software ID and I miss this data. In fact, the window to proceed with Unlock in "live" mode does not give the possibility to click on any option.
By Mau Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 pm
So, I tried again (I'm crock and I always insist on everything) with another USB cable and I noticed this: even with the Renaissance turned off or with the USB cable disconnected, when the software is open, the window relating to a problem with the chosen audio device, but there is a noise that is emitted intermittently (say every 10 seconds), with fading in and out, as if it were programmed, as happens for the vst when they are protected. Then a little while ago, still insisting, the PC dialogue box appeared in which it is reported that the USB device is not recognized. At this point I wonder, let's say it is the usb port, I replace it (it costs me nothing), but how is it possible that the drivers are installed? Do not need to transfer data from the USB port to ensure that the drivers are installed? Nutrition is quite another thing in my opinion.
By SakisX Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:08 am
Mau wrote:I wanted to try an unlock procedure via offline mode, but it is requested by the Software ID and I miss this data. In fact, the window to proceed with Unlock in "live" mode does not give the possibility to click on any option.

don't understand what it has to do with the Ren , which software are you talking about?

Mau wrote:Nothing, I tried, but always an error (about the serial). Then the "Audio Device Not Working" window appears.
I tried to select other audio drivers, like "Windows Audio", "DirectSound", but nothing.

What's the error with "serial" . Screenshot ?

1. Is the Ren recognized as generic audio midi interface ? Try producing some sounds with other DAW ,if not make Ren as a windows default sound device and play a video from youtube. You can use MidiOX to see if midi is transmitted
2. If 1 doesn't work , go to device manager and uninstall Ren drivers , select delete files also . Then unplug MPC open MPC installer , select to uninstall drivers
3. Reboot ,launch MPC installer , install the driver . When asked power the Ren and connect the usb port. Does the installer completes the job? If so reboot. If not something else is wrong
4. reboot , open windows sound properties and make sure the Ren is not used as audio device, if it is select your onboard sound card
5. open another DAW like Reaper , see if there is sound using ASIO.
6. Close Reaper launch MPC software . Is Ren working ?

Edit: I mean MPC software 2.9
By Mau Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:24 am
What is the error with "serial". Screenshot ?

It is that typical error that is also shown in some tutorials, that is the error generated when you manually type the serial code of the Ren in the appropriate window for the Unlock.

1. Is the Ren recognized as a generic audio midi interface?

Yes.

Try making some sounds with other DAWs, otherwise set Ren as Windows default audio device and play a video from YouTube. You can use MidiOX to see if the midi is being broadcast
2. If 1 doesn't work, go to Device Manager and uninstall Ren drivers, select Delete files too. Then disconnect the MPC open MPC installer, select to uninstall the drivers
3. Reboot, start the MPC installer, install the driver. When asked, turn on the Ren and plug in the USB port. Does the installer complete the job? If so, restart. If not, something else is wrong

Here I go straight to the point, the drivers are installed normally.

4. restart, open Windows sound properties and make sure Ren is not being used as an audio device, if your integrated sound card is selected

Here I have changed the setting several times, that is, as already written, I have set both Asio, both Windows audio and other drivers.

5. open another DAW like Reaper, check if there is sound using ASIO.
6. Close Reato start the MPC software. Is Ren working?

Edit: I mean MPC 2.9 software

Yes, I used that version of the driver, 2.9. Everything worked, but suddenly it stopped being recognized by the software. In my opinion it is a problem with the power board.
By SakisX Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:26 pm
But you never posted if the REN works as a normal generic usb audio device in Windows (nothing to do with ASIO, just play a YouTube video and see if there is sound)
and didn’t try it on Reaper (ASIO)
That will exclude the possibility that the REN has hardware problems and focus on the software