Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Mau Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:29 pm
The audio can be heard even if I start the software and set the audio driver from "Windows audio" to "Renaissance", but in the latter case the noise I was talking about takes over, which from what I understand, comes because the Renaissance does not has been unlocked. The person who sold it to me said that he had deactivated the previous activations, but in my opinion it could depend on this, otherwise it is not explained why he keeps giving me an error when I try to unmark it.
By Mau Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:52 pm
An interesting thing: if I start listening to something with the software open and going to "Preferences", I change the "Device" settings, going from "Asio4all" to "Mpc Renaissance audio Driver", the track I listen to is automatically lowered by some semitones. Moreover, if I set Mpc Renaissance Asio Driver the audio playback stops, or as mentioned before, the pitch changes, but the latter case only happens if while I'm listening to something I start the software always remaining with Asio4all as audio driver set in the preferences. If in these I open the control panel and when I open the Asio window, set instead of "High Definition Audio Device", "Akai MPC Renaissance Audio", the audio stops.
By SakisX Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:57 pm
Mau wrote:I tried as you say: I simply connected the Renaissance to the PC via USB cable and started a video clip, the audio is fine, the Renaissance allows you to listen.

That's great , your Ren seems to work fine. Now if you open Reaper and use the Ren as audio mid device does it work ? You can try a random freewere vst instrument...
Next step is to load mpc software 2.9.1 as a vst plugin

Edit: do not use asio4all , and when using Ren Asio make sure that Windows use other audio device (the Realtek) for both playback and recording
By SakisX Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:25 pm
Mau wrote:So, what you see is the only configuration that allows me to quietly listen to the sounds of a vst on Reaper. If I set any other option (WDM, DirectSounds, WaveOut, WASAPI, from Ren I can't hear anything).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw8qw496muj9zh6/Prova%20con%20Ren%20Asio.PNG?dl=0

That's ok , the Ren's ASIO driver is working , it means Ren is working that's important

Try sending AKAI an email requesting unlock , provide a photo with the serial number of the machine as proof or try to create an account and register with the same serial, maybe the software will be on your account download section

In the meantime you could download the MPC Software 2.9.1 demo ,but I can't find it anymore on Akai website . Maybe they pulled it , if you want to try it I can upload it

In ebay there are ilock licenses you could buy , or search the net for a "preactivated"
By Mau Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:56 am
A little while ago I did a test: I tried to register the same serial number of the Renaissance on the official website, but with another email that I usually use. Registration takes place without any problems, so presumably you can do it indefinitely. Obviously the speech is different with regard to the release (which I have not yet managed to complete). Surely it is that procedure that allows you to verify who really has that model of Renaissance, for Akai he does not answer, I wrote to him 3 times. I understand that it's not just me, they will have hundreds of users to support, but after all, what would a person have to do to be able to use such a product? It is they who set up the hardware unlock via the software.
By Mau Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:14 pm
Hi, trying to request the activation code, this message appears: "THERE IS NO SERIAL CODE LEFT, OR SERIAL CODE IS NOT FOUND". In my opinion the person who sold me the Renaissance did not request the deactivation of the licenses, so I cannot unlock the Ren. Also, Akai replied to me, but they told me that someone should have replied to me, only that other than this email saying this, I haven't received another one in which (presumably) they tell me how things are or better yet, they provide me with the solution, which is the release for Ren. I wrote to them once again, let's see if they let me know something for tomorrow, however I repeat, in my opinion the problem could also depend on this activity code story.
By Mau Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:37 pm
SakisX wrote:The serial code message is from the software which has nothing to do with the actual hardware . There is no unlocking the hardware .
I searched at Akai site and they seem they removed the MPC 2.x demo software .
But in my browsing history I found a direct link
https://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/akai/ds2/ ... indows.zip
the demo expires I think in few days , but if the Ren doesn't work with the official demo you must try at another PC .
I suggest you uninstall everything form Akai first and then install the demo .

Yes, but the fact that the activation code (of the software) is not released when I click, makes me think that the 4 registrations on different PCs have been exceeded.
The other day I found a more advanced software version, it does not require unlocking, but does not see the Ren.
I'll see what to do.
Ok, then I uninstall everything and reinstall the demo to do this test, thanks.