Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Vasilithebig Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 pm
Hey guys!

What are the options of using Ren or Studio on Mac in 2021 if you have (stupidly) updated to Big Sur?

As I've understood there is no way to connect Ren to Mac (it will not see it) and even original Software will not work (even though as I've understood MPC 2.0 will can run on Big Sur).

If for some crazy reason I will buy used Ren and will get Windows 10 on bootcamp (on intel MacBook pro from 2015) will it work without any issues? Has anyone tried it and/or actually is using it now?

Another option is to get MPC ONE.... I kinda like the MPC Ren classy looks but if trouble is not worth the hustle can go with ONE I guess...
By SakisX Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:03 pm
Can't comment about installing windows (I guess it will work) , but since I have both the Ren and One , I prefer Ren for running on PC (more buttons QLinks , audio IO , everything is there) , I even like the small LCD screen since it gives all the needed info and can always look at the screen
But if you want standalone ,One is the only option, although I might sell both and get Live2 for portability
By J.D. Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:09 pm
I think it‘s not a bad idea to just use the MPC in a VM, but it could introduce some latency.
I use the Ren as controller only on my MacBook from 2013 in BigSur.
It works perfectly, only the audiointerface-part doesn‘t function…
I also have an even older MacBook (2009) with mohave installed, just for the MPC…
By J.D. Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:28 pm
Aaand now it‘s gone…
I bought a new MacBook, with M1.
Now my Ren doesn‘t work anymore.
Maybe I‘ll use my old i7 MacBook for the MPC, but I hate to have a second Mac just to use the MPC Ren.
Crap. Maybe I‘ll try a VM-Sollution, would be a workaround… But a VM on an M1-Mac can‘t run Windows, right?
Anyway, I think I maybe I will sell the Ren, even though I really love it, and buy a MPC One or live…
The sad thing is, that I only need a Controller, for Standalone I habe my 2kXL and the 500 on the go… I don‘t want to get a Device to replace all of these…
It‘s really sad, that Akai just doesn‘t release a Driver, or just release the sourcecode and Docs/specs for the old Controller-MPCs…
By SakisX Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:16 am
william72234 wrote:Dont know about windows boot camp but i have a 2017 mac running big sur and my renaissance runs perfectly fine on it.

I’ve read that from Catalina and later ,the audio on the REN doesn’t work
By william72234 Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:39 am
SakisX wrote:
william72234 wrote:Dont know about windows boot camp but i have a 2017 mac running big sur and my renaissance runs perfectly fine on it.

I’ve read that from Catalina and later ,the audio on the REN doesn’t work

That would explain why my headphones had no sound when i plugged to the ren. I see,