Bug reports & end-user tech support for Akai's generation of MPC Software 'controllers' - MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio.
By Vasilithebig Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 pm
Hey guys!

What are the options of using Ren or Studio on Mac in 2021 if you have (stupidly) updated to Big Sur?

As I've understood there is no way to connect Ren to Mac (it will not see it) and even original Software will not work (even though as I've understood MPC 2.0 will can run on Big Sur).

If for some crazy reason I will buy used Ren and will get Windows 10 on bootcamp (on intel MacBook pro from 2015) will it work without any issues? Has anyone tried it and/or actually is using it now?

Another option is to get MPC ONE.... I kinda like the MPC Ren classy looks but if trouble is not worth the hustle can go with ONE I guess...
By SakisX Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:03 pm
Can't comment about installing windows (I guess it will work) , but since I have both the Ren and One , I prefer Ren for running on PC (more buttons QLinks , audio IO , everything is there) , I even like the small LCD screen since it gives all the needed info and can always look at the screen
But if you want standalone ,One is the only option, although I might sell both and get Live2 for portability
By J.D. Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:09 pm
I think it‘s not a bad idea to just use the MPC in a VM, but it could introduce some latency.
I use the Ren as controller only on my MacBook from 2013 in BigSur.
It works perfectly, only the audiointerface-part doesn‘t function…
I also have an even older MacBook (2009) with mohave installed, just for the MPC…