Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By NearTao Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:48 pm
pk1 wrote:Any info from you heads that have kept up would be rad.
I haven't been banging on the pads in a few years..

You *might* be able to get into the M1/M2/M3 series and use virtualization technology to run a windows virtual machine and get the Ren to connect that way. I don't have one (Ren), so you'd probably need to poke around.

It also might not be such a bad idea to just keep the old system, clean it up or fresh install or whatever... and just dedicate it to the Ren while also upgrading to a more modern system for everything else. The nice thing about the VM solution is that you can at least just make a straight up copy of the image once you get it working and it'll become far more portable to move to other systems and environments once you get it rolling.

In my mind, the biggest problem will be how the VM solution you'd use would bridge a USB device from the host computer to the Virtual Machine. Parallels let me do some wacky things for sure, so I suspect you could probably coax it into working.

Good luck man!
By SakisX Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:17 pm
NearTao wrote:
pk1 wrote:Any info from you heads that have kept up would be rad.
I haven't been banging on the pads in a few years..

You *might* be able to get into the M1/M2/M3 series and use virtualization technology to run a windows virtual machine and get the Ren to connect that way.

On M series ,you can only virtualize the ARM Windows , not the x86 platform , so since Akai never released a driver for ARM , it won't work
By SakisX Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:17 pm
NearTao wrote:

QEMU looks like it works well enough through UTM.

This maybe isn't what you want :/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/sb37au/does_x86_guests_runs_in_parallells_on_m1_chip/

Qemu just works . Not well and barely enough
I'm sure next tip would be installing the ARM version and use the windows ARM built in compatibility layer for x86 apps , but even if the MPC Software runs , it's technically impossible to install the x86 drivers
For those who have intel based Mac , they can simply install Win10 and keep the Ren
By pk1 Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:35 pm
The system works fine right now. i just don't update past 2.4
I wouldn't touch Win10 with my enemies gear. Ill just stick with the semi classic set up. if i update, it would be the X next...