Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By larrybossmon Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:16 am
hey peeps
so kinda weird question.. been on the ren for years but still a little perplexed about something!
So. about the output quality of the samples AFTER recording them (sampling) them into the ren from my turntable.

my question is why does the quality change? when im listening to the raw vinyl, (monitor off, no mixer, inserts etc)phono to ren to studio monitors it sounds good, wide (stereo)

but after i sample it in it seems to ..compress? ever so slightly but i can tell, ive worked around it and put things to widen or eq but i cant seem to figure out why. almost like it goes into mp3 from a wav. it sort of gives it a certain shittier sound which is cooler for some beats but it annoys me sometimes also lol

wondering if anyone knows what i mean!

i tried opening in 64 vs 32, tried messing with buffer size etc. .. is it just the way it is maybe?

peace!
By larrybossmon Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 am
true, i am recording in at 24. but still noticeable change in quality... its annoying bc it sounds perfect when sampling in and just playing records in general through it..i guess like you said its just the analogue to digital conversion... blah!

thanks for the response g
By 83dude Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:38 pm
Make sure your knob „IN/COMP“ ist turned all the way to COMP. Otherwise you‘ll hear a blend of input signal and playback signal.
By SakisX Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:12 pm
Haven't used the phono input , but the Ren has nice AD/DA converters (compared to other consumer usb audio cards)
Does your turntable support line level to use that instead of phono ?