Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MkSquid Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:45 pm
I have never used an MPC, have Roland gear up to this point.

It is not totally clear to me, reading here in the forums - what is the latest version of the PC software that will work with a Renaissance...? 2.1? And, I will have to purchase it in addition to a used MPC?

I shouldn't have any issues "registering" the hardware, and then getting the necessary software for a used Renaissance, true?

Whatever version(s) of the needed drives and SW to make this work are able to run on Win 10 64 ok? Is the DAW software - MPC, I think - fully 64 bit and supporting multi-core CPUs? (Original review of the Renaissance stated back then the software was 32 bit and used only one core...)

Thank you.
By SakisX Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:58 am
For PC & windows 10 , the latest mpc software runs fine (and it's 2.10 not 2.1)
For Mac I think Mojave is the latest OS and on cCatalina it still works with the software but the audio driver on the Ren doesn't (info gathered on the forum)
The latest software that came with the Ren was 1.9.x
2.x was paid upgrade sold separately
By DokBrown Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:47 pm
MkSquid wrote:Just as an update - I did buy a nice, clean Renaissance and I an really loving it! :) :) :)

That’s what this is all about.

I don’t care what hardware u choose.
Make that machine sang ;-)
By ace_of_dub Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:25 pm
bilposey wrote:studio mk2
is the way to go

Studio mkII is a cheap cash grab.

But if it means I as a MPC Live owner can get future software update for free cause others buy studio mkii then by all means people, buy a lot of Studio MKII! Best device eva :lol:

But if you know what's really good for you, but the MKI on PC.