Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By urieldeveaud Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:09 pm
Hi, i did alert some people about this, because i am not alone with this trouble.
we did install the last update of MPC software 2.10 (a wonderful update), but as i can see in the downloaded package, the mpc studio black driver is not new, so it was not updated at the same time as the software.

the problem: when you hit the pads in plugin or keygroup track mode, the lights of the pads are going crazy, they light up but dont light off after the hit... and worse, when you hit a pad, some other pads light up and stay "green", even if the program is config with other colors.

i cant really see here a new feature, regarding this kind of incident, for me, i couln t work anymore with my unit, as lighting other pads than the ones i hit is disturbing for the eyes, and there is no way to desactivate the lighting (should be)..

Well, please, can someone help ? i am looking for the last updated driver for the mpc studio black to run with mpc software 2.10 without this "bug". i sent various mail to akai, and some InMusic people, but i am still waiting... please, someone can confirm that we will have a new driver for this unit ? thx
have a great day
By Duncan Idaho Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:27 pm
Hi if I'm correct what you're talking about is a new feature, it comes with pad perform and lights the same note in other octavos so that you know where the next octave starts. I'm not sure if it works correctly on MPC Studio.

Note that there is indeed a real issue with MPC Software 2.10 VS MpC studios on windows (only works fine on Mac), when you switch to track Mute mode, the pads lights on erratically when muting / unmuting a track. In general muting a track will turn the related pad in red but when you unmute the track the pad doesn't go yellow and remain red, which makes tack mute management real harder to do.
By v00d00ppl Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:31 am
Another reason not to upgrade to 2.10 if you have the studio black

The erase button will mute your pads and you will need to go on your trackball to unclick the pas mute.

After upgrading I noticed this issue. The way I work with my MPC is like a real drummer I setup a four bar loop and increment BPMs as I warm up. So that means once I hear my sequence I like to press the Erase button. I am then prompted if I want to erase the sequence and I press the F key for the “Do It” option. I noticed that none of my pads play sounds after the sequence erase. Then I noticed that the pad mute is turned on so I have to click the button to turn it off. I hope akai fixes this issue.
By urieldeveaud Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:25 pm
SakisX wrote:from the software ,select to report any bug you find (a video would be more useful )

hi, i did report many time this problem, but never get it fixed... i fell so sad about it as the unit cannot be used properly.. i was thinking about desactivate physicaly the lighting under the pads, but cnt find any info on that..
any news on your side ?
By SakisX Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:49 am
urieldeveaud wrote:
SakisX wrote:from the software ,select to report any bug you find (a video would be more useful )

hi, i did report many time this problem, but never get it fixed... i fell so sad about it as the unit cannot be used properly.. i was thinking about desactivate physicaly the lighting under the pads, but cnt find any info on that..
any news on your side ?

I recently got a studio (had both Ren , and One) , until I get a Live2 , so haven't tested it much
Akai did fixed a ~3 year bug on the Ren where info on the screen was lost in eg. Program Edit , so I guess they'll fix it sometime in the future.
I didn't noticed pads randomly flashing , but I saw on 2.10 that on Ren (and studio) , pads don't always light up when loading a new program , but if you hit them ,then they lit as they should (with the correct color)
I'm sure they'll fix it , after all , studio black came with V2 software for free or paid (as Ren) ,but it might take some time.
PS. I use Win10
By koboss Sun May 15, 2022 8:35 pm
Hi! I suppose im late for this, i just got an mpc studio black, and I have this same enoying issue with the track mute LEDs... Is there any solution to this? Should I go back to an older version of the software?