Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Huwang Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:41 pm
SakisX wrote:The link doesn't work...

I plugged my MPC Ren into the front USB port on my old desktop computer and it worked perfectly. Probably because the USB interface of my laptop is 3.0, the problem is caused.
By SakisX Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:21 pm
Huwang wrote:
SakisX wrote:The link doesn't work...

I plugged my MPC Ren into the front USB port on my old desktop computer and it worked perfectly. Probably because the USB interface of my laptop is 3.0, the problem is caused.

My Dell XPS has usb-C ports and plugged a usbC to USB-3 adapter with no problem
The good news is that your REN works without hardware defect
The bad news is that you may have to format your laptop
Although disabling the REN's audio from windows and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the driver should do the trick
By Huwang Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:33 am
My laptop is Legion y7000p, and the only three USB ports are 3.0. There is a Type C port on the laptop. I have tried it. It is the same as in 3.0. Various problems will occur. Do you mean, I reinstall my system, and then install the MPC REN driver to try?
By SakisX Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:36 pm
Yes , but as I said earlier you could try uninstalling the driver , reboot , install , reboot and try again
Also , check on bios settings if there is any usb related setting to mess around
By Huwang Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:15 pm
SakisX wrote:Yes , but as I said earlier you could try uninstalling the driver , reboot , install , reboot and try again
Also , check on bios settings if there is any usb related setting to mess around

Hey bro, I reinstalled my computer system according to your method. I installed the MPC Ren driver, and it worked perfectly at the beginning. I was very happy, but the crackling and delay in the video started to appear in about 20 minutes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XVqeoU ... sp=sharing

Then I restarted the MPC and unplugged all the USB connected to the computer, leaving only the type c plugged into the MPC. At first, it worked, and after nearly 20 minutes of perfect operation, a similar situation appeared again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b7Ipzi ... sp=sharing

When there were pops and delays, I tried to change the sample rate and buffer, which was useful, and the same situation appeared again in less than fifteen minutes!
By 83dude Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:30 pm
Sorry to say, but by my experience the problem is likely from the adapter or USB hub. At campus I experienced the same issues. Changing the sample rate helped only for short periods of time. Using the original USB cable and connecting it directly to a built-in USB port solved it once and for all.
By Huwang Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:36 pm
83dude wrote:Sorry to say, but by my experience the problem is likely from the adapter or USB hub. At campus I experienced the same issues. Changing the sample rate helped only for short periods of time. Using the original USB cable and connecting it directly to a built-in USB port solved it once and for all.

I used the USB cable to connect directly to the USB port of the laptop, and it did not go through the hub. But my line is not the original line, I only use the ordinary printer line. On the same line, there is no problem on my desktop computer, but there will be problems on taplop.
By SakisX Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:34 pm
Huwang wrote:
SakisX wrote:Yes , but as I said earlier you could try uninstalling the driver , reboot , install , reboot and try again

Hey bro, I reinstalled my computer system according to your method. I installed the MPC Ren driver, and it worked perfectly at the beginning. I was very happy, but the crackling and delay in the video started to appear in about 20 minutes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XVqeoU ... sp=sharing

Then I restarted the MPC and unplugged all the USB connected to the computer, leaving only the type c plugged into the MPC. At first, it worked, and after nearly 20 minutes of perfect operation, a similar situation appeared again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b7Ipzi ... sp=sharing

When there were pops and delays, I tried to change the sample rate and buffer, which was useful, and the same situation appeared again in less than fifteen minutes!

Unfortunately you need a pc technician who is also familiar with pro audio to take a closer look . There are too many details that it's impossible to cover within a forum
By d@vetech Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:54 am
same issue here. I've had the Rem for a few weeks just getting to know it. Dell laptop windows 11, 2 to 3 yrs old. There is a free app called DPC Latency checker. you can use it to trouble shoot issues like this. I suffered the same issues so I downloaded ASIOforall. It worked for a few min then back to USB errors. Today my issue is solved and I hope this will help many of you. I tested the REN in both the USB 3.0 and 2,0 ports on this laptop and it works flawlessly. My issue was the cheap wireless USB mouse. Yes the wireless USB mouse is causing my issues and yousr too. I am looking for a better wireless mouse now but i am in no hurry. I just unplug the mouse and used the REM with no issues. I can use the ASIOforall drivers or the REN drivers, no issues. When you think about it, the mouse is USB and the REN is USB, the wireless radio frequency from the mouse interfere with the stability of the REM. Give it a try . Sorry I'm late with the fix but I just got the REN.

Dave All Cash