Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By starkid84 Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:56 am
Hey guys, Im wondering if anyone knows what the model or manufacture of the MPC Touch's touch screen?

I am looking to make use of the touch-screen capability as a normal monitor outside of using the mpc software. I would need the correct drivers (that enable the touch functionality) to do this, as AKAI's drivers intentionally cripple this feature, I assume for no other reason other than not wanting to be bothered with support requests for non MPC related touch screen issues.

Either way I'm wondering if anyone has successfully found the OEM drivers for the touch screen to enable touch capablity within Windows, or if anyone knows the make/mode of the touch screen, so I can inquire of the manufacture for basic touch drivers.

I personally feel like I would get more out of the touch setting it up as a master DAW controller using something like bome's midi translator, and using the touch screen like a mini slate raven. I did this with my maschine MK2 years ago and it was awesome, with a dedicated monitor on the touch and touch enabled it would take things to another level.

Thanks in advance